"You do not?" Legolas asked quietly, turning around to face the short and rather unimpressive man at first glance, but one that Legolas had already begun to see was wise and strong and worthy of following.

Halt shook his head. "No."

Legolas held his gaze for a moment. He said it with conviction; with such surety it bolstered the elf's own confidence. He smiled slightly. The elf turned, looking about him and breathing in the calm of the forest. He began to breathe again, the weight of what was coming leaving his shoulders, if only for a moment. He sighed, closing his eyes and tilting his head to the wide sky. He opened his lids a moment later and gazed up at the familiar stars that glittered above him. They filled him with hope and peace, and he exhaled a long breath, coming back to the present and meeting the ranger's curious gaze.

Now that his mind was clearer and in a more thoughtful state he noticed the look in Halt's eye, and the way he stood and the feel of his spirit.

"What troubles you?" Legolas asked, peering at the ranger. Halt raised an eyebrow in response. "There is a weight on your soul," the young elf explained, now looking more intently at the man. And now roles of counselor and patient were switched, the golden haired archer furrowing his brow and asking silent question.

"Nothing you need to worry yourself about," Halt said gruffy after a moment, drawing his cloak further about him.

But Legolas was not so easily dissuaded. "You worry for your companions, do you not?" he asked gently, taking a small step closer to the man, who's face was now hidden in shadow. "In the other world. In your world." the elf prince looked down, his own eyes clouding over. "As do I. I wish they were here with us now." the earnest and almost pleading note in his voice made Halt look up.

"Yes. We left people behind when we came here, just as you all did."

Legolas waited patiently, but it seemed like Halt refused to go on without prompting. "Tell me about them," he asked softly. He had heard some tale of them from Alyss, but was interested in hearing the weathered ranger's story.

Halt hesitated then went on, something about the soft moonlight, peaceful courtyard, and welcoming smile of the elf allowing him to speak. "Will," he said faltering slightly. "Ah, Will, Crowley, Horace, and Cassandra were at the cabin. We left them there and also everyone else we may have known back home."

Legolas smiled. "You miss them dreadfully. Aye. As do we all." He sat down on the fragrant grass, Halt sitting cross-legged as well by his prompting. "Tell me about them. I would like to know with whom my companions are waiting."

"Will, he's my apprentice." Halt's hands rested on his knees, his face hidden in the shadow of the cowl. Legolas wondered at the strange material of the fabric, as even as they sat there, when the wind moved the shadows of the trees over them if he did not keep a solid eye on the ranger the man would disappear, the edges of him lost in shadow and grass.

"A ranger?" Legolas asked, remembering the man's stated occupation.

Halt nodded wordlessly. He shifted his weight, absently plucking up the grass in front of him. He cleared his threat. "Horace is a knight, Crowley, our ranger commandant, and Cassandra daughter of nobility in our realm."

Legolas smiled, imagining these people Halt spoke of. "You fear for them?" He asked gently, twirling a fallen leaf between his fingers.