You can't have me {A Vampire Romance} [#15]

Start from the beginning

 Sebastian wasn’t stopping, and I could feel my body slumping and becoming a vegetable, so I began to struggle to no avail. “Seba-“ I was cut off as I began to shout his name by a curiously dizzy feeling, then everything went black.

 I woke to a stuffy feeling, like there was a pressure in the room and it was really hot. I started to say hello, but my voice came out as a croak and I was quickly punished by my throat beginning to throb. I sat back against the pillows, and suddenly felt a stirring in my mind, as if I wasn’t the only one in it. Then I remembered I wasn’t. Stupid psychic link.

 Are you alright? Do you need something? Sebastian asked calmly, clearly concerned.

 Not from you, I don’t. I growled, and tried to reach for the chain to turn on the lamp, but I nearly screamed when a shooting pain went through my arm. My entire body was in pain, and I felt a tear roll down my cheek.Why does everything hurt so much? What did you do to me?! I mentally screamed at him. The lamp on the nightstand I had tried to turn on suddenly flickered to life and Sebastian was standing next to the bed. He sat down on the edge next to me and looked me in the eye with worry.

 “I apologize. I got carried away when I bit you. A mate’s blood is highly intoxicating to their other, especially the first time, and since I have gone much too long without it, I couldn’t handle myself.” He reached out a hand to stroke the side of my face but I glared at him and croaked in protest since croaking is all I could do. He put his hand back down and turned away to bury his head in his hands.

 When he looked back up at me there was sadness, almost loneliness in his eyes that I could not place. “You should drink some water. I know that throat hurts, but it will hurt worse if it gets dry.” He said, and picked up the glass on the night stand which had become frosted over by the cold water it contained. He lifted it to my lips and I tilted my head back only to take a little and cried in pain. He lifted his hand to frame the side of my face, and his thumb stroked back and forth in a caress across my cheek bone. It was a nice gesture, and felt good as I repeated the painful process of drinking water and crying.

 The more I drank though, the less my throat hurt, because the water was so cold it was becoming numb, and it hydrated it so I wasn’t dryly croaking. When he put the glass down, now empty, he checked me over for anything else that could be fixed.

 “You drained my blood you asshole.” I whispered hoarsely and he glanced up at me while he checked me over.

 “It was an accident. I don’t expect you to understand or forgive me.” He said quietly.

 “I hate you, don’t you get it? It’s the reason I tried to leave. Why won’t you just leave me alone?” I asked.

 “Because I can’t. You are the only person I’ve ever needed to see every day, the only person I’ve felt emotions for in over two-thousand years. You are mine. You expect me to never see you or speak to you again when my entire existence rests in your tiny palm?” He reprimanded, his fangs bared at me and his eyes alive with anger.

 “Yes, I do. Maybe fate or whatever had a mix-up, because I couldn’t stand living with you if I tried.”

 “There is no mix-ups. You are my other half and that’s the way it will always be.” He said with hidden ferocity and once more turned away. I glared daggers into his back. When he looked back I thought I saw a slight trace of a tear, but how could Sebastian cry? He wasn’t that type of guy. I sat there, thinking about it over and over.

 “Get some sleep, I’ll be here.” He said, as he sat in a chair across the room.

 “You’re not really going to sit there the entire time I’m sleeping, are you?” I asked, quite shocked.

 “I need to be here in case something happens, or if you need anything. What else am I going to do?” He looked like he was quite shocked himself.

 “Go kick Trace’s ass for telling on me.” I said and he smirked. “Or…” I trailed off. I looked away as I began to speak again, for I couldn’t bear to look at him as I said it. “You could come sleep up here with me.”

 “What did you just say?” He asked in amazement, but unfortunately with no excitement in his voice.

 “You heard me.” I glared.

 “Only if you’re ok with it. Tell me if you want me to leave.” He spoke softly as he strode towards the opposite side of the bed. He slid off the clothes that weren’t necessary; keeping only his pants on, and got under the covers. He didn’t touch me though; not at all, and as much as I didn’t want to admit, I was disappointed.

 I shifted my weight a little, so I could get off of my arm, which I had been laying on, and hissed in pain. It really sucked not to be able to move. A thought crossed my mind and I blushed, but I figured I would give it a try anyways. “S-Sebastian?” I whispered, kind of embarrassed.

 I felt him turn over. “Yeah?” He whispered back.

 “I umm…. Was wondering if….” I stuttered and I felt his hands on my back. He began a slow and utterly soothing massage on my muscles and I relaxed. “How did you know?” I asked, but he shushed me. I sat there, my back being caressed with his hands fixing my sore and aching back.

 I doubted I could go to sleep, at least for a little while, so I began to think over all that had happened within the short time of a few days. Sebastian, who I had thought to be so cruel and heartless, really seemed like a good guy, though he was overbearing. And if he truly didn’t care, why would he be taking care of me? As I thought through all the time I had spent with him and all that had happened, tears began to roll down my cheeks and I began to tremble against my will.

 “What’s wrong?” Sebastian asked. He didn’t need a psychic link with me to figure that out. He put two fingers under my chin and turned my face to look at him. His eyes searched mine with worry and when I didn’t speak he kissed away the tears on my face. His kisses on my cheeks soon turned to real actual kisses, passionate and loving beyond what I’d ever felt. We stayed that way for a while, just kissing and looking at each other familiarly, like we’d known each other forever. Soon though, Sebastian insisted I get rest, and I feel asleep with hisbody wrapped lovingly around mine, my muscles no longer protesting movement because I didn’t want to move anyway.