Enigma called Love

Start from the beginning

I wanted to laugh at him but did not...keeping in mind the situation.

"Alright. So....Arnav...my friend, mind giving me your number?"
I asked in a casual tone trying to change the mood.

Arnav Singh Raizada smiled....even if it was half a smile it was still one.
"I thought you would not ask..?"

And just like that the atmosphere shifted to a lighter one.

Mehek POV

I was done with my meeting. The client was an old lady who wanted me to edit here book. But a demanding one. I sighed in relief when she announced that we will meet later since she had some commitments. Pheww.

I hope Jerry...or rather Khushi will find some answers. How strange is life? Destiny wanted her to meet her own husband in this manner. I laughed out thinking how foolish it was of me to invite them via a business proposal. If I had mentioned that your wife is here alive and healthy ASR would have walked in snow and fire to reach here.

I was musing about them being a couple when a tap on my shoulder alerted me about someones presence. I turned around only to notice that Aman was standing with a smile on his face.

"I thought you will get me fired. But I had no idea that because of you I will be granted a bonus and 2 month long vacation this year."
He said with a happy smile.

"Well you should be thankful then. Your boss will become a delightful person to work with once again all because of my friend."
I said cheekily.

"This discussion should continue over coffee. What say Ms Mehek?"
He asked with a twinkle in his eyes.

And suddenly I realized what this meant. No. No I cannot do this. I am sorry Aman. But you misunderstood me....My nasty divorce flashed before my eyes and I shut off the playfulness that we were sharing.
"I have work to do. Sorry."
I said in a cold voice and then walked away without replying back to his calls.

Aman POV

"I have work to do. Sorry."
Her abrupt response made me blank for a minute.

I kept calling out to her but she seemed in a rush.

Hmmm. No coffee?? Mehek Sharma I need to understand what you are hiding behind that playfulness. But I am not the Manager of AR for fun. My speciality is my ability to read through a person. And now you are my new subject. Lets see how long you will try and hide.

The ring of my phone made me aware that I was still working for AR.
I sighed and then answered the call.
"Aman Kirloskar Manager of AR."
I answered robotically.

"Aman its me Akaash. Where is bhai?? He is not here in the office nor he is answering his calls? I checked the house in GK as well...he is missing. Where is he?"
I kept my mouth shut. What am I supposed to say....Damn ASR you always put me in a tough position.

"I will look for him. Dont fret please."
I hung up. Gosh I should be a lawyer. I am so well in mediating.

Anjali POV

I am a fool. I am just a lost cause. What have I done?? I lost my blood brother all because of my cunning and cheat of a husband.

Flashback...

"Rani Saheba Khushiji is just a thorn in your brothers life. I am telling you she has been creating problems in Shantivan from Day 1. And in this way we can ensure that we get rid of her. You tell me has your brother been the same since the day he met Khushiji. I remember Saalesaheb used to be stern and strict in his beliefs but he used to be happy at times. Look at him now always angry and hurt. Its all because of Khushiji..."

"But Shyamji...how can we do this to him? Kidnapping him??? This will hurt him a lot. This does not seems right. I just want him to be happy. Cannot we just simply ask him to divorce Khushiji..."
I asked him feeling confused.

"No way Rani Saheba. This will affect Gupta family and you know their other daughter Payalji is also related to this house. Kidnapping Arnav is the best way to deal with Khushiji. She will agree to the demands of my goons and then your brother will be free of all the pain and hurt. You want him to be happy dont you...?"
He asked with a smile.

"Yes Shyamji. You are right. We will do this. For his happiness."
I nodded promising myself that all this is needed for Chottes happiness.

And what a fool I had been. I crushed my brothers spirit brutally. My one decision caused him so much pain. I remember how after the kidnapping fiasco he came back home lost, broken, all alone. And along came the police who informed everyone that how in the process to save Arnav, Khushi fell off the cliff and is no more alive.
And how days later when my husbands true face was revealed to me by Chotte I shamefully confessed to him about participating in the plan of kidnapping him.

"You are not my Di....YOU ARE NOT MY DI. YOU ARE A MURDERER. YOU KILLED MY KHUSHI. AND I CANNOT BELIEVE THAT I HURT HER SO MUCH TO ENSURE YOUR HAPPINESS. YOU ARE NOTHING TO ME. FROM NOW ON YOU ARE NOTHING TO ME."
His screams echoed through out the mansion.

"CHOTTE I AM SORRY I JUST WANTED YOUR HAPPINESS...."

"DONT YOU DARE!!!!! DONT...I HATE YOU...YOU HEAR ME...I HATE YOU ANJALI MANOHAR JHA."

I cried. I cried bitterly. What have I done???? I am not a good sister. I failed. I failed as a wife. I failed as a mother. I failed as a woman. I am so sorry Chotte. I am so sorry.