Enigma called Love

Start from the beginning

"Arnav. I dont know anything about my past. I feel like a blank slate. Even you telling me that I used to call you Arnavji or the fact that my name is Khushi or even the idea of being your wife all of it is simply foreign to me. I will be honest with you. From the time I woke up I can only recall your eyes and screams....loud screams of someone...maybe someone was shouting for me....these screams are filled with pain and longing. Maybe this was gods way of bringing me to you. Maybe that is the reason that I could not forget your brown eyes which sometimes communicated about anger and at times about the pain that you suffered from."
I explained looking at the comforter which I was holding in a tight fist.

The hand on my shoulder found a new place. It held my hand in a firm grip. Making me wonder about the connection of his touch and the calm energy that surrounded me instantly.

"I wont say that I understand what you are going through. Because I cannot even grasp the idea of feeling so vulnerable to everyone in the world.
Firstly, to know that you have been dealing with so much and still have the strength to battle with it on a daily basis makes me feel proud. You always were a fierce and independent woman. You never fail to amaze me Khushi.
Secondly, I am here with you from now on. You are not alone anymore. I am here to guide you, to hold you, to be the shoulder that you need. You dont need to struggle alone now. You have someone. You have your husband. Okay.
And lastly, I will forever be thankful to god for giving me this second chance. I wont take anything for granted from now on. When I said that I died....it was the truth. You are the only woman who I loved and will continue to love till my death. So consider this new life as a rebirth Khushi. Both of us have been through the most difficult time of our lives. We were tested...thoroughly tested by fate. But we succeeded in overcoming them. Its not over yet. We still have so much that needs to be said and done but now we are together. We will deal with this together. And I promise that we will win."

Tears rolled down our eyes simultaneously. After so long I found a ray of light in the dark path on which I was walking lately. Arnavs words made me trust on the fact that things will get better. Now that we are together we can figure out everything. It wont be easy...but it wont be that difficult as well.

I left his hand and wiped away the tears that were falling from my eyes. I hate this feeling of uncertainity I thought to myself. From the corner of my eye I noticed that he too wiped his tears discreetly. I wanted to laugh at the moment. Men.

"I appreciate your words. But I want to be nothing but honest to you. Even though you have told me that you are my husband it still does not change the fact that you are a stranger to me. So dont expect me to wholeheartedly accept this relationship in the blink of an eye. It took me a lot of time to open up to Mehek. And she was already a stranger. However you are as you said....my husband. I want this to work I really do. I want to know about myself...I want to know about you...the relationship...the love that we shared. There a thousands of unanswered questions that are running in my mind. I want to know you Arnav Singh Raizada. But at time same time I do not want to loose myself and depend on you. Are you understanding what I need from you...?"
I asked staring deeply in those eyes. Which were now silently communicating with me. I could see anger, pain, acceptance and even trust rolled together in them.

He nodded listening and acknowledging my words.

"I know Khushi. Like I said we will figure this out together. And I have a solution for the same. You cannot continue to live here in this hotel room. I discussed with Mehek and I think it would be better if you have a permanent residence here. Mehek agreed to this. I have a place in mind it is very close to my house. If you consider shifting over there it will be very helpful. Take your time and decide. And in the mean time I will be staying in a room on this floor. Close to you. Staying close will be helpful. You can get to know me, talk with me....it can be a good start. Dont think of me as a husband if its causing you trouble. Think of me as a friend. Alright??"
He asked making me sigh with disbelief. I cannot really understand this man. Did he just ask me to decide and make a decision and at the same time declared that he will be staying close in the same hotel??? Is he bipolar???