Chapter 5 - An Unexpected Visitor

Start from the beginning

"Sonic?"

In the blink of an eye, Sonic ran up to him and grabbed him by the shoulders.

"How'd you even get here?!?!"
"Slow down, Sonic, I can explain myself perfectly."

However, the sound of marching down the hall broke up the reunion.

"Maybe now's not the time!"

In a swift movement, Sonic grabbed the black and red hedgehog by the wrist and pulled him along. He turned to the others.

"I'll meet you back at my room, c'mon!"

As Tuff, Fololo, Falala, and Kirby followed Sonic, Tiff turned to Meta Knight.

"Are you ok? What did that guy do to you?"

Meta Knight got to his feet sturdily. "He appears to use some kind of gemstone to unleash powerful energy to his will. Go now, the guards will be here any moment."

Tiff nodded. "Right!" With that, she ran off after Sonic.

--*--

Once the door was locked, Sonic sat down on his bed.

"Jeez, faker, did you really need to make such an extravagant entrance?"

The black hedgehog sighed. "I had no other way of getting here. I didn't fall through a portal like you did."

Sonic folded his arms. "Well, we might as well introduce you to these kids before you explain yourself, or else they'll think you're a monster."

"Why would they think that?"

"Well, around here, the only things that come through that portal are monsters, not to mention any new species that isn't native to here in Dreamland."

"...Dreamland?"

"Yeah, yeah, talk about the names later."

Shadow turned to Tiff. She seemed to have a stern look to her as she glared at him.

"Who are you? You look like Sonic, but how do we know we can trust you?"

"Tiff, relax, I can tell you this, he's trustworthy. He's a friend of mine. Everyone, meet Shadow the Hedgehog. Or, as I like to call him, 'faker'."

"Don't persuade them to call me by that ridiculous moniker."

Tiff was still wary around him. "So you're a hedgehog too? Is the majority of people from your world hedgehogs?"

Sonic shrugged. "Nah, the only hedgehogs I've seen are Shadow and Amy. Unless you count that white hedgehog from the future. But he doesn't come around super often."

The blue hedgehog then turned to Shadow. "Now, start explaining. How in the world did you find me?!"

"...Hmph, I guess I'll explain myself."

--*--

"You see, after you fell through the portal, Tails started analyzing his portal device to try and find the dimension you went to. However, he found that due to the Chaos energy that collected in the portal creation from your usage of the Chaos Emerald, the dimension the portal opened up to went far outside our normal dimensional plane. It would normally open up a portal to worlds similar to Mobius, but in the case of adding an extra dosage of energy, and a large one at that, it spread to outside of our dimensional plane."

"In light of this discovery, Tails built a new portal machine to travel inbetween dimensions that would link outside of our own dimension and far past what the original device could reach, and found an existing portal machine within this dimension, and I offered to find you first. The machine reqiured immense amounts of power, and the only power source that could suffice is a Chaos Emerald. Since only six currently resided in our home dimension, due to you taking one of them through the portal, Rouge went on a mission to an Eggman base to capture another Chaos Emerald, which was used to power the machine. I brought one with me as well to use in case of an emergency."