Part 1: They're Back...Again

Start from the beginning

"He's beautiful," I heard myself murmur.

"Eh-hm," a man coughed and called my attention.

"Yes?" I asked not looking away from the screen, but straightening up a little.

"Umm," his deep voice sounded musical, "don't you think it would be respectful to look at your boss?" 

I fumed internally, who in the right mind would pretend my boss and interrupt my daydreaming? I closed the windows and my laptop, and then turned my seat to the front, to peer at the man who just called me out.

"That's better." Brick flashed a feet crumbling smile.

I sat there, at a loss for words. Brick was in my office! I shifted my attention to the people behind him. It struck my notice that the two men behind him were his brothers, Butch and Boomer. They were silently talking to Buttercup and Bubbles from behind Brick. Brick noticing my surprise, moved forward.

"So," he slid his hands in his pockets, "how are you Blossom? It's been a long time."

I nodded, pretending that no one, but him and I, was in my office, "It's been twenty years."

"Yeah," his handsome voice purred, "the last time I saw you," he smirked, "was when we were teenagers, but I doubt you even saw me. However, the last time we actually saw each other was when we were just five to eight years old, when HIM decided to finally destroy you girls. You ended up embarrassing us and caused us to shrink. To think," he laughed, "we thought we were the most powerful beings in the world just cause' we had super powers. Powers my ass," he scowled, "the only powers now in this world are money, social status, and wit. Which luckily, after so many years, I finally mastered." He ranted on and on, but I was just amazed at how much he grew up. He was still very naive. 

"Do you still use your abilities?" I asked him wonderingly. "I stopped using my powers ever since I got busy working the firm." I talked partially in business mode, but also dreamily. I have never been so smitten.

"Eh," he shrugged, "whenever the moment requires it. Usually I don't." his hazel eyes moved from the floor back to mine, and I almost thought he melted.

I tried to stop myself from blushing.

He sighed, "So back to the present," he looked around my neat white office with cherry wood floors, as if searching for something that hadn't changed. "How's the town?"

"It's actually very safe now," I spoke aloud, but it hurt me. I remembered all the fun times physically enforcing justice, but now I just enforce it through the court system. How much I miss the days when villains frequented the town.

"Ha," he mocked, "we were the ones always causin' trouble eh," he smiled self-centeredly.

"That still hasn't changed," I retorted.

He narrowed his eyes at me, a small smirk touching his lips. He pulled out his galaxy S5 and then looked up at the time. I looked up at the pink clock that adorned my right wall. It was almost three o' clock in the afternoon. It was almost time for me to check out.

"Ah," he rolled his eyes, "I have a meeting soon. I only stopped by to see you—" he stopped midway, and couldn't help but blush, "I mean, they also wanted to see your sisters." He briefly glanced at his brothers who flirted with my sisters.

"Oh well, I hope to see you again." I hoped my smile would draw away from my large blush.

"Hopefully," he mimicked as he thought, "how about all six of us go on a date tonight, my treat. We'll go to the newest club in town, after a nice dinner. It will be at about seven-thirty at night. No disagreements, I'll be late for my meeting." He demanded.