"So that's why your hair's a mess!" She laughed, and Zero gave her a small smile.

Yuki crosses the room to sit next to Zero on the bed, hands on his knees with kind eyes. "You haven't eaten all day, have you?"

The silverette didn't reply, but the girl already knew the answer.

"I was thinking... how about me and you eat out tonight? Yori told me about a good restaurant we could go to! Its small and isn't much popular, which is perfect because I know how you and people are," Yuki asked eagerly.

Zero rubbed his neck with an unsure expression. "Yuki... I don't know... I'm just not feeling up to it..."

All of a sudden, Yuki clasped her hands and gave her best impression of a sad puppy. "Pleaaaaaaaase Zero! I really want to go!"

The silverette contemplated for a moment, before rolling his eyes and lightly shoving her away from him. "...Fine. But I don't want to stay late."

Yuki immediately sprinted onto her feet. "Thankyouthankyouthankyou Zero!"

The boy only sighed. "You better be paying."

Yuki nodded her head furiously. "Ok, meet me at the gates at 6pm, okay? Be dressed too! I don't want you dressing like you usually do. Seriously, I know pyjamas are comfortable but you should know better than to go out in them."

Zero glared at Yuki, with the girl only cheekily smiling back before making a quick exit.

•*•

Kaname leaned into his chair with a concentrated expression, with his chin resting in his hand. He was playing a chess game alone. Each levitating chess piece moved with a sharp preciseness.

To an observer, it'd seem as if he was all too focused on beating himself. But really, Kaname was creating a plan.

The random influx of Level E's was no coincidence, The pureblood was almost at the end of his complex plan, and now with the Level E's, and the still mysterious reason behind it, he'd have to quicken his pace and work around it.

The brunette had sent some of his closest associates to investigate, but he knew who he really had to talk to.

Senry's unordinary behaviour during the previous days hadn't passed him unnoticed. Asking his trusted cousin what was wrong may lead Senry to hide whatever it was he knew, no matter how much he trusted him. If he went to Rima, the girl may inform her close friend. The two shared an admirable bond, one Kaname knew could prove stronger than their loyalty to him.

Balling his fists, Kaname continued to play his chess game peacefully, resisting the urge to break something in frustration.

Things were becoming messy, and he had to prioritise what was most important. That, being Yuki... of course.

You can choose your own destiny, Kaname.

Those words echoed in his mind, as if to mock him. Only a fool would think such a thing. Awakening Yuki... it was more than just his own love for her, it was what she deserved as a Kuran, one of the most powerful pure bloods, and what her parents would want for her.

Yet...

Soft milky white skin under his hands, smooth to the touch. Warm, addictingly so, he needed to touch more, feel more. His hunter's moans, music to his ears. He wanted to hear more. Burn the soft pants into his memory to treasure for the rest of his eternity.

'Why...' Kaname thought, 'why do I do this...'

Kaname, using his powers, threw the chessboard into the wall in a sudden burst of anger. The board broke in messy, jagged pieces. The real damage was the cracks on his white finished walls; he'd have to get someone to fix it. 

The pureblood tried to calm himself with thoughts of his dear girl.

Big, mahogany eyes. Hope and happiness... Her beautiful smiles, so rare....

Rare...?

He never smiles... To see him smile for Kaname... The pureblood never seen anything so beautiful...

Suddenly, a knock came to his door, bringing Kaname out of his fantasies.

"M-My lord, the cross girl has left a note for you," reported Aidou, a bit hesitantly. He may have heard the ruckus Kaname made with the chessboard.

The brunette sighed in disappointment at his actions. Lord, what had he become. "Come in, Aidou."

The blond entered the room with a nervous expression, eyes immediately landing on the split chessboard on the floor. "Uh... here's the note, my lord."

Kaname collected the note from Aidou with a bored expression. "What is this for?"

"I-I'm not sure, my lord."

"Who has sent it to me?"

"Uh... as I said, the cross girl, my lord."

Kaname's eyes widened in shock. He realised Aidou said that before, but he barely cared. This was... unbelievably uncharacteristic of him. Normally he be alert any mention of his dear girl. 

"Thank you Aidou, you may leave."

The blond left with a worried expression, but never said a word in his leave, to which Kaname was thankful for.

The pureblood pried the envelope open and removed the note.

Dear Kaname,

I am going to dinner at 6 pm tonight at a restaurant. It is located on Lorito street in the city, with the sakura trees, and I would love for you to join me! It's at the end of the street, where the city fountain is.

Hope to see you there!

- Yuki

Kaname, who had already engraved the date and location in his mind, placed the note delicately back in its envelope and left it on the table. He glanced out of the window.

He couldn't believe the mention of his dear girl slipped his memory so quickly... Kaname was still shocked at the small mistake, and couldn't find it in himself to forget about it, even if it was so minor...

The tiniest things about his beloved were of the upmost importance. Well, they should be...

What had that hunter done to him...

•*•

A/N: Sorry for the long wait guys, have this extra long chapter ❤️

If you're looking for more KAZE written by me, checkout my profile where I've posted a new soulmate story about these two love birds.

Thank you for reading this chapter. I can't even explain how I love you guys. I'll do my best to keep updating! ❤️❤️❤️