"If you need anything call me." He told Jazmyne before he walked out the door.

I went and locked the door before going back to the couch, sitting beside her. "I blame myself for what happened. You were right, I should have stayed. At that moment though, I wasn't thinking clearly. I only wanted to find them. And by you being here, I thought you would've been safe. Not only that, but I left you vulnerable. I took yours and the baby's magic away, I left you defenseless. I have to live with knowing the fact that our baby is dead was because of me. The reason you were hurt so gruesomely is my fault." My hand rubbed over my head as I stood up.

"Jazmyne, you're not the only one hurting. The pain I feel is damn near unbearable and to look at you. And see the emptiness in your eyes when you look back add to that pain. But seeing you is the only way I get by. That's why I asked if you loved me. I don't know. You have no emotions when you look at me, hell, at anybody. The mask you wear is good." That was the truth, I told her emotions were shut off.

"Today when we were in the room was the first time I saw how you felt. I get this is hard but let me help you."

"I don't know how to. I can't allow myself to feel anything, I'm sorry, Kane. That's how I'm surviving." Jazmyne got up and walked out the living room. I followed her into the kitchen. She grabbed a glass then another bottle of Vodka. Turning around, she handled me the cup.

"I didn't know I looked at you like that. I want to kick this, I just don't know how to. I get you want to help, but I'll have to let emotions in for that to happen. I don't want to feel weak anymore. My emotions are what got us in that situation to begin with. I'm wrong for blaming you, Kane. I know I am. I made every decision from not telling you about Kelly at first, to moving out and to stay here by myself. I should have waited for Joanna." She rubbed her head, then poured herself drink.

I took it before she could toss the glass back. "Don't. Keep talking to me." I poured the drink out then the rest of the bottle.

She let out a heavy breath. "I want to know why me. If I'm such a powerful being why am I so weak? Kane, I loss our baby because I am weak. I don't want to be that anymore."

"Being emotionless isn't going to make you weak. It just makes you careless. That pain you're trying to mask is still going to be there no matter what. How you deal with it and grow from that situation is where your strength lies, Jazmyne. Baby, you have been through so much for eighteen years. Don't let this break you. Break us. Let me be your strength." My arms went around her waist and I held her to me. "I just want you back."

Jazmyne's body went limp against me and a painful sob tore from her throat. Her body shook as she began to cry hard. The pain in her cries, shook my soul as it pulled at my heart strings.

Today was the first time I seen her cry in over a year. The first time, I could actually feel her emotions through our bond. I had to admit that the feeling was unbearable. So much so, I wanted to make her stop crying and allow her to mask that hurt she felt. But I couldn't be selfish. I needed for her to heal and that was the beginning of it happening.

***

Jazmyne had cried for hours until she finally fell asleep in my arms. My fingers stroked along her face as I stared at her. She was still the most beautiful person I had ever seen, and her strength was out of this world once she was reminded of it.

My lips pressed against hers and I felt a light sigh leave her mouth. "I love you." I mumbled before I kissed her again.

My phone started ringing and I quickly answered it before it could wake her up. "Yeah? What's going on?" I slid out of the bed and walked into the living room.