M1 was, like always, waiting by the car by the time I walked outside. Also as per usual he paid attention to my choice of wardrobe. Yeah I had to admit it was not my usual attire but I was in the mood for more comfort than anything else. I decided on a pair of leggings with an oversized sweater and a pair of running shoes. It was definitely different from my usual ripped jeans, fitted shirts with a button down over top and my steel toe boots. M1 lifted his eyebrow as a question but stayed silent. I of course ignore him.

"Shotgun!" Nick shouted as he ran by me before placing a quick kiss on my cheek. That little gesture had me stop cold which of course was why he did it since he was now passed me and in the front seat with the door looked. He looked like a kid who just won a 100.00 certificate in a candy store.

"What the...Nick! Get out of my seat!" Lately we have been acting more like rival siblings. Competing with the other or just outright annoying the other. Where M1 was more like my big protective brother, Nick was the annoying little one I never wanted. M1 turned his back but not fast enough where I caught a smile on his face and him covering up a laugh with a cough.

"Nick! Come on!" I was whining as I tried to open the door. I have not whined since I was a kid. I was really not feeling like myself.

Nick's response was to stick his tongue out and turn up the music. Oh I was so getting him back for this. Accepting my defeat, for the moment, I jumped in the back seat and planned my revenge. While I stared at Nick with a growing smirk on my face I could see he was regretting his little decision on stealing my front seat. Good! M1 seemed to enjoy all of this. He did side glances over at Nick and looked in the rearview mirror at me while his smile just grew.

The drive to school took no time at all. I guess when you are evilly coming up with a plan, time gets away from you. M1 pulled into a parking spot and waited for us to get out. Nick jumped out first but waited for me. I could see he was up to something. His eyes were giving it away.

I said my thanks to M1 like I always did and slid out of the car. When I reached the walkway that Nick was on he wrapped his arms around me keeping my arms locked fully at my side. I was trapped and startled before he started to kiss my whole face.

"I will stop when you promise no paybacks for me stealing the front seat," he told me in between kissing my cheeks, nose and forehead.

At first I was stunned by his actions then grossed out followed by annoyed. I started to squirm but he just tightened his grip. "Nick! Fuck, get off. You're slobbering all over me! Fucking gross!" I was half yelling and laughing.

"Promise!" he mumbled and kissed the corner of my mouth. It was like he knew that was the last straw.

"Promise!" I shouted and finally was able to push him away. He stepped back with a triumph smile on his face where I narrowed my eyes at him before he turned and started to jog away. "I am so going to kick your ass for that Nickelos!" I was whipping the slobber he left on my face with the sleeve of my sweater and ignored M1's roar of laughter. Flipping him off as I walked to the school just had him laugh harder.

Our little scene attracted a few eyes. Most looked shocked, some looked amused but Nick's little gang showed no expression at all but once Nick didn't stop to talk to them then they looked irritated and of course they blamed me. I rolled my eyes and kept walking. That wasn't till I noticed that Jenson was not there.

The morning went by pretty quick and Jenson was a no show for history. He must have decided to take a long weekend. It bothered me that he wasn't there. All through history my mind kept on going back to him and wondering where he was. No matter how hard I tried not to think of him my mind refused to listen. Nick, like usual, was in the hall outside all my classes. I noticed he was only with James and not any of the others. Sure I noticed he was spending less and less time with them over all but it wasn't till today at lunch when I felt someone grab my hand when I was walking into the cafeteria and dragged me to a table that I realized something was really off. Nick was the one who was dragging me and him and James were sitting away from the others. I wanted to question it but decided to ask when there were less people around.

There was already a tray of food on the table in front of the spot Nick sat me at. "You are getting a little too touchy for your own good," I grumbled before picking up the ham sandwich.

Nick smiled and winked. "You know you love feeling my hands on your body," he retorted but focused on his food.

I snorted. "Why don't you tell me that after I kick your ass," I mumbled.

James chuckled. Nick played hurt. I on the other hand rolled my eyes. This too has seemed to become a routine with us lately. Well a growing one. He had been testing the waters lately to see how far he could push me which ended up with him flirting with me and me threatening him. Until today he has kept his hands to himself.

I would never admit to him or anyone else I was enjoying it. I even like the assault of his kisses. Not in that way just the closeness I felt. When I touched him or M1 I felt more relaxed. It was nice.

Halfway through lunch I wasn't feeling well. That familiar tightening in my chest started and my stomach was turning. Right after that the fear hit me. Not again! Not here! I jumped out of my chair and walked quickly out the door then raced to the closest bathroom. I heard both Nick and James call out to me but I ignored them. I made it to the closest bathroom stall just in time before my body rejected my lunch I just consumed and also my breakfast.

While I was throwing up it seemed to push away the tightening in my chest. Pretty sure I had emptied all the contents in my stomach I dragged myself to the sink to wash my face and rinse out my mouth. Taking a deep breath I relaxed. It was a moment too soon. There was no build up this time. No, the pain hit hard and fast. I collapsed to my knees and curled up while the fire blazed from my chest to my stomach as if a hot knife  stabbed me deep, slicing its way down to my belly button. I don't know how I managed to stay quiet. Maybe it was because I had no breath to scream? Maybe it was because I had no voice. When I finally could open my mouth to yell for help nothing came out. The welcoming signs of the black orbs came right after. It was taking longer and longer for me to find the peacefulness of the blackness. I wanted it to end. I couldn't do this anymore. The pain was not only physical but also emotional lately. I could feel my heart break even if I didn't understand why. I didn't care how this ended as long as it did soon. I truly welcomed death at this moment. Wished for it.

As the darkness filled my vision I spotted feet coming my way before everything went black. I guess someone found me but too bad it was too late.

I heard soft urgent voices when I started to come around then I felt the hum of an engine. Not wanting to wake up yet and the noise to stop I murmured, "Shh beauty sleep in progress," then snuggled in deeper to the warmth.

Everything went quiet. "I don't think so Love. Come on open those baby blues for me and tell me what happened." That was Nick's annoying voice.

I squinted and shuffled back a bit to see him better. "Flu," I answered before shivering. I was so cold all of a sudden. It was also then I noticed I was sitting on Nick's lap and I think we were in a car as well. "So cold." My teeth started to chatter. I used what little energy I had left and wrapped my arms around Nick's neck. He was so warm and I needed that warmth. He helped to adjust me with ease so I was now straddling his lap with my legs on either side of his. Wrapping his arms around my back so I could feel his warmth surrounding most of my body. After a couple of minutes the uncontrollable shakes slowed down. By then the car also had stopped.

My eyes were too heavy to lift but I could feel us walking. One of his arms was under my butt and the other around my back. My efforts to support myself were wasted. I couldn't even lift my head. When the breeze stopped flowing around me I knew we were in the house. There were more harsh whispers but I couldn't make them out but I also wasn't trying. Soon after there was a soft click.

I heard feet shuffling before I felt like I was falling. Using the last bit of strength I had left I clung on to Nick. There was a chuckle. "Listen Love you need to let go so I can lay you down in bed." That was Nick who was talking and laughing at me.

I shook my head and still held on. I was going to lose the battle any second now. "Cold. Stay please. No more pain," I panted. Even talking took energy I didn't have. My body started to shake again. I wasn't sure if it was because of fear or because I was starting to get cold again.

The falling sensation stopped just in time. I had lost the last bit of energy I had left. I was being moved around then it felt like we were laying down while I was still attached to Nick then more heat at my back. He must have covered me up.

"Sleep Mac. We will talk later," M1 was close to my ear before I felt soft lips on my hairline. I did what he said and welcomed the blackness around me.