With the help of Sofia's family, Elena was able to take back her kingdom from the evil sorceress, Shuriki, who invaded Avalor long ago.

All those adventures were exciting, but Sofia's most memorable adventure was her best friend—and boyfriend—Prince Hugo.

When Sofia and Hugo first met, they had a rocky start

When Sofia and Hugo first met, they had a rocky start. Hugo was a different person back then: he was rude, obnoxious, selfish, arrogant, and misogynistic. When Sofia wanted to try out for the flying derby team, Hugo told her not to because only princes can try out for sports teams. But Sofia wanted to be the first princess on Royal Prep's flying derby team, so she decided to try out anyway—but she had a hard time learning how to ride a horse, and that got Hugo to make fun of her. He also made fun of her stepbrother James for helping her. During the tryout race, Hugo took Sofia out of the race by bringing his horse to a halt and scaring Minimus, resulting in Sofia falling out of the saddle. But James helped Sofia get back in the saddle, and they won the tryout race.

Sometime after that, Sofia and James were to ride in the flying derby championships against the Junior Knights, but James wound up spraining his wrist, so he couldn't ride. The only person who could race with Sofia was Hugo. Sofia really didn't mind, and she was okay with giving him a second chance, but Hugo didn't feel the same way. He was more interested in being the first to cross the finish line.

It took a while, but thanks to Hugo's flying horse, Electra, Sofia learned the true reason for Hugo's personality: his father, brother, uncle, and grandfather were on the flying derby team when they were each at Royal Prep, and none of them won th...

It took a while, but thanks to Hugo's flying horse, Electra, Sofia learned the true reason for Hugo's personality: his father, brother, uncle, and grandfather were on the flying derby team when they were each at Royal Prep, and none of them won the Flying Crown. Hugo was the only one in his family who didn't make the flying derby team, and his family had been putting a lot of pressure on him. He was so mentally hurt that he couldn't work under this pressure. Sofia offered to help him win the Flying Crown for his family, and while a little skeptical, Hugo was touched by this, so he accepted her offer. They were supposed to do the flying slingshot in order to beat the Junior Knights, and since Sofia is smaller than Hugo, she suggested he sling her. However, Hugo wanted to be the first to cross the finish line, and when Sofia said that it didn't matter to her if that happened, Hugo took advantage of this by insisting Sofia sling him. But Hugo was too big for Sofia to sling, and she wound up flinging him out of his saddle. During the practice, Hugo's older brother, Axel, came by to see him and said that their whole family was going to watch. He even ruffled Hugo's feathers by telling him something emotionally hurtful: to win the race or not come home. However, Axel claimed this was just a joke, but Hugo didn't think it was very funny. Hugo was so frustrated that he quit. Seeing James as the mascot, Sofia asked him to help her inspire Hugo. Before the race, James got the crowd to sing the Royal Prep cheer much to Hugo's surprise. Sofia told Hugo how important it was to be part of a team, and this got Hugo to learn to be a great teammate—and he proved it by claiming that he'll sling Sofia. This got them to win the Flying Crown, and when Axel claimed that Hugo takes after him, Hugo claimed that he takes after Sofia, proving that he's accepted her as a friend.

Since then, Sofia and Hugo have been the best of friends, and long after that, they became a couple

Since then, Sofia and Hugo have been the best of friends, and long after that, they became a couple. Their friends and families always teased them that they were going to get married, but Sofia and Hugo highly doubted that.

But there was a good chance Sofia and Hugo were wrong.

Now Sofia and her friends and family were all grown up, and much has changed. Amber was now married to a man named Antonio. Axel is now king of Albuquerque, and he's married to a woman named Arianna, and they have a two-year-old son named Michael, who has black hair like his mother. James is now married to Princess Isabel of Avalor, and she's living in Enchancia Castle with her husband. Now she works there as an inventor. James and Isabel even have a two-year-old son named Miguel, who has the same hair color as his mother. Miguel and Mike were the very best of friends.

Now Sofia is 18, and she's grown to be a beautiful young woman. Hugo is now a duke living in the big capital of his kingdom. Amber is to be queen of Enchancia in two years, and when she becomes queen, she'll make James her First Knight.

Hugo and Sofia have been friends since they were kids, and they still loved each other. In fact, they even thought about getting married despite their childhood doubts. Hugo thought about proposing to Sofia on her birthday.