For the first half hour things seemed to be going smoothly. I accompanied our first goal but then the other team scored twice in a row. It didn't go unnoticed that every time I was on the field Jason wasn't and vice versa but so far so good. Nick was on Jenson's team which was not a surprise. Those two were together more times then they weren't. It was more of a surprise when you didn't see them close by the other one. I also noticed that Nick seemed to stick close by Jason when they were on the field together.

Our team had just scored another goal so it was tied 2-2. The coach decided the next goal would be the winning goal. Drew decided that the better runners and who knew how to handle the ball would be on the field now. I was included in the final line up. For the first few minutes things were going great. Both teams continued to fight for the ball but before the other could score the ball was back in the other teams control.

I had control of the ball and was flying down the field. My other teammates were all behind me so I couldn't pass them the ball to make the final shot. I could hear the other team gaining on me. I was getting closer but not close enough. It was too far to attempt a kick to the goal. I felt a foot step on the back of my heel. I was pretty sure it was an accident but I had no time to think. As I tried to regain my balance a hard elbow met up with my ribs and I went down hard. Before I could feel the impact of the hard ground I felt not one but two bodies fall on top of mine. Shit that hurt but not as much as the foot that kicked the other side of my ribs followed by an elbow to the side of the head and lastly a fist to the cheek bone. Now was it all intentional or just limbs flying everywhere attempting to get up and finish the game? Yeah I thought so too. Accidental my ass. We were playing soccer for crying out loud and not football.

I heard the coach yelling about the game was a little contact sport and to get the hell up. I wasn't sure if he knew I was on the bottom of the human pile with two guys that easily outweigh me by 60 lbs. When the extra weight was off I tried to get up but everything started to spin, my side of my face throbbed and a sharp pain shot through my ribs when I tried to move or even breath.

"Shit! Mac don't move!" It was Nick kneeling beside me and giving me orders once again. "Just let me help for a damn minute!" He muttered as he slowly rolled me over. He hissed when he looked at my face. I could feel something wet travel down my cheek. "What hurts besides your bloody nose?"

"My nose? That doesn't hurt. Head. Cheek. Ribs." For some reason every time I was hurt was the only time I talked to Nick without giving him attitude.

Nick started to take off his shirt but I stopped him. "What the hell are you doing?"

He gave me his famous smirk but kept on taking off his shirt. "What, afraid you can't resist all this?" He ran his hand against his now naked and very defined chest. "Your face is covered in blood." He answered after I rolled my eyes.

"I am not using your sweaty stinky shirt. Help me sit up and I will use my own." I was never self conscious about my body. I looked good plus I had a sports bra on and it was usually how I dressed when I worked out. Nick started to help me up and was about to argue but I just glared at him. He helped me remove my shirt and folded it before holding it against my bloody nose.

"Mac! You good?" Coach asked as he finally made his way over after giving whoever ended up tackling me shit. "Why the hell are you undressing?"

Could he say that any louder. Everyone had started to move to the side lines but as soon as the coach spoke everyone's heads wiped around. "Where did you get that bruise?" I swear the man didn't know the difference from an inside voice from an outside voice.

Nick had helped me up to my feet by now. I shrugged my shoulders as an answer to his question which was a mistake since it made me move in a way my ribs did not like. A hiss escaped my lips which had Nick in front of me with his hands on my upper arms keeping me still while his eyes followed to where the coach was looking. I bruised quickly but also healed quickly. It was one of those things where you take the bad with the good. I figured I would just use that cream that Nick had and within 2 days I would be bruise free.