He was right I did but with everything that had gone on I was having problems sticking to my morning run. But with the training area so close and the easy access to it anytime of the day helped with the couple days that I have missed. "Ah sure and thanks. I will meet you by the car for school." With that said I turned my back and started cleaning up the things I used. When I was done I was once again alone and headed back to the house for a shower and to get my neglected homework done that I should have completed last night.

It was going to be a really long day.

By the time I was ready for school I actually had plenty of time to eat breakfast. When I reached the kitchen I noticed a few women scurrying around preparing food. It looked like I beat the crowd. While I sat at the island a couple of the women gave me small warm smiles while the others pretended I wasn't there. No skin off my nose, I preferred not to be noticed. Sitting at the island with my elbows on the table my gaze drifted out the door where I silently watched the gentle breeze blowing the leaves on the many trees that edged the woods. In my own little world I didn't see the bowl till I felt it gently hit my arm. Looking down was a bowl full of cut up fruit and a fork. Mumbling my thanks since I didn't know who actually placed the bowl in front of me I started to eat in silence.

It wasn't long after that when voices started to trickle in. Most were jammering about nothing in particular but there were a few phrases that caught my attention. "She's crazy!", "I bet she is just doing it for attention", "Well if she thinks she has a chance with my man she better think twice", "So what if she can fight? Who would want her with how she looks! Did you see those bruises?" and of course that one was followed by a bunch of giggles. It didn't take a brain surgeon to figure out who they were talking about. The words didn't phase me at all. I have heard a lot worse. Hell I have been through a lot worse. The problem was I was being pointed out and soon all eyes would end up on me. Now that would bother me and when I felt cornered I lashed out. I told my uncle I would do everything I could not to be a burden on him or the others for the remainder of my stay and I would try my best but I knew it was going to be harder than I first thought.

Letting out a sigh I stood up and reached for my empty bowl to place it in the dishwasher but one of the ladies that still held pity in her eyes grabbed it first. As I picked up my backpack I heard a couple masculine voices. One was Nick and the other was the big shot asshole from last night. Not wanting anything to do with Nick and never wanting a repeat of last night with the other asshole I moved in the opposite direction I first planned. Changing my walk to a half jog out the back door and hoped neither would see me.

Thirty minutes later M1 found me already waiting in his SUV with me laying back in the passenger seat with the car doors locked while I listened to my ipod. Unlocking the doors he jumped in and started the car. We drove in silence halfway to the school.

"So you were up early. May I ask why you were locked in the car?" I could almost hear the amusement in his voice. Not that I blamed him. Like really who in their right mind locks themselves in a car that is parked in front of their house? I do that's who.

I shrugged. "I stayed up after I saw you. Ate breakfast and decided to wait for you in the car. Can't be too safe you know so I locked the doors." I played my best nonchalant voice.

"MmmHmm I bet." He chuckled. " I was wondering if after school you might want to grab an ice cream or something?" The humour was now gone from his voice.

I turned my head to look at him. The tips of his ears were read. I think he was embarrassed. Me on the other hand jumped straight to the point. "Is this a bribe or are you sucking up for some reason?"

"No. No, not all. It's more like an apology." He confirmed. I kinda believed him but I had a feeling it was more to it.

"You already apologized. It's done and over. Time to move on." I was being honest. I understood more than he realized.

He seemed nervous again. "What if I told you I had a sweet tooth and needed someone to indulge with?"

This time I laughed. A real laugh. God and I couldn't remember the last time I did that. It felt strange but nice at the same time. "So what you're saying is that you need an ice cream buddy?" His face turned a pretty shade of pink. A small part of me felt bad for laughing but it was too cute not to laugh. Before he could take his invite back I answered, "Yes. I would like to go out for an ice cream."

By the time we were done I had a smile on my face and we were pulling into the parking lot. He pulled into a parking space before I had time to jump out. Getting out of the car I turned to him with a smile still planted on my face. "Thanks M1. See you after school my new Ice Cream Buddy!"

As I was shutting the door I heard him yell, "What the hell does M1 stand for?!" That made me laugh again and I waved while I walked away. I was still smiling when I caught Nick and the asshole from last night staring at me. Nick with a confused look and the asshole with a pissed off one. I wasn't sure who's look did it but it wiped the smile off my face pretty damn quick.