It took a second to register the swearing and feet running towards me. There was a light touch of a hand on the side of my face and another hand on my chest. I think that was to keep me down since I was stupid enough to try to get up.

"Will you just fucking lie there and shut up for once. Dammit Mac just relax!" Oh surprise surprise I seemed to piss of M1 again.

"Shit Mackenzie I am so sorry. Shit!" Nick sounded worried and maybe even a little scared.

I felt a cool cloth on my forehead and an ice pack on the side of my face. It was much welcomed and seemed to calm down the pounding sensation. "All is good. You know I have been hit before but damn you hit hard." I said looking up at Nick to see concern and guilt flutter across his face. "Hey take the compliment I don't hand them out often." He looked shocked at my words then a true smile lifted his lips. It wasn't his usual smirk and it was nice. "Ok guys I'm fine. Seriously. I just need to work harder on my weight training so I don't get as tired so fast." I said more to myself than to them.

"What?" M1 one said, pulling my attention back on him. "Mac do you know you to have been at this for 2 hours? I should have stopped this over 30 minutes ago. I am actually impressed you were still fighting as strong as you started. It was just the last couple of minutes your energy seemed to die off. It just happened so damn quick. I am the one who is sorry for not stopping this sooner."

"Hey big guy not your fault. Don't stress. I am the only one who knows when I should stop or push myself. All is good, now would you let me up?" I had enough of being on the floor with them both above me. I wasn't sure if my legs would hold me up yet but sitting was better than laying on my back. Even though everything hurt I felt amazing. Relaxed. At peace. This was part of the reason I fought. To feel this. It was like my own personal high.

"Can you sit? Can you stand?" This was Nick hovering over me now. His smile was gone and the concern was back.

"Yes and let's find out." I answered. They both placed a hand on my lower back and gently but firmly grabbed a hold of an arm as they pulled me into a sitting position. The room spun around once before settling. Another few seconds and they helped me stand. That was not the best idea but I locked my knees and stood on my own. I knew I wasn't ready to walk yet. My body hurt all over and the throbbing pain on my check bone was back. There was no doubt in my mind I would have a lovely shade of blue or black there by tomorrow.

I heard M1 going on about taking me to the doctors before I started to focus on what they were saying. "Hell no! I'm fine. I need a shower and some ice and all will be good after some sleep." I wasn't lying. I knew I would be better tomorrow. Hell even though I hurt all over I haven't felt this good in a long time. There was no anger coursing through my veins. There was just a peaceful numbness. M1 was saying something else and I just nodded. It wasn't till I felt myself being lifted and carried in a bridal style by M1 did I realize what I agreed to. He either carried me to my room and let them stay for a bit or I had to make a trip to the doctor. I guess I was having guests.

The walk back to the house was quiet. Once we made it inside I heard a couple gasps and some whispering but couldn't make out what they were saying not that I cared. I rested my head against M1's shoulder and let my heavy eyelids close. Once we reached my room he was about to put me on my bed before I demanded I need a shower first. He wasn't happy but I won the argument and that was all that mattered at that moment. I was sweaty and I smelled worse than the boys locker room. There was no way I was climbing in my bed like that.

As soon as the door shut I reached in to turn on the shower. Getting undressed was a little bit of a struggle due to the clothes sticking to my body and the exhaustion but I managed. Stepping in the shower I let the hot water beat against my sore muscles. It felt wonderful till the hard spray hit the side of my face. Oh yeah I was going to have a nice bruise if I hadn't already. Taking a little longer than usual due to my soreness I finally finished and stepped out to dry my body off. Wiping off the mirror I gasped at the already black and blue bruise that covered half of my cheek. Knowing there wasn't much I could do I grabbed my toothbrush and cleaned my teeth. Forgetting I didn't bring in any clothes and figuring the guys, well M1 wouldn't appreciate me walking back in my room naked I tightly wrapped the towel around my body and stepped out of the bathroom.

I spotted Nick sitting on my bed first and then M1 pacing back and forth. Both their eyes shot to me immediately. Nick hissed when he looked at my cheek and M1 grunted then snapped. "What do you have against wearing fucking clothes!"

"Jezz you sound like an old man. It was either this or me come out her naked so fucking deal with it! My room, my rules. Plus I sleep naked so if you don't like it there is the door!" I snapped back.

With the new found information I just revealed I felt Nick's eyes roam my body with his smirk firmly in place while I watched M1 face grow to a shade of pink. Nick cleared his throat interrupting the tension that started to grow. "Here, get your ass in bed. I have some cream that will help that bruise of yours and an ice pack." Nick stood and pulled down the covers.

I followed his instructions without a word, proving to myself I was not a 100%. Keeping the towel securely around my body I climbed in and Nick pulled the blankets up to my neck. Lying on my side he gently rubbed the cream he seemed to produce out of thin air on my bruised cheek. At first it hurt but the cream quickly numbed the area. Once he was done he gently placed the ice pack on my face.

"Do you want me to take the first shift?" Nick asked as my eyes started to shut. I was about to ask what he was talking about but M1 piped up.

"No I got it. Go get some sleep." Immediately after I heard the door shut softly darkness consumed my body where I fell into a dreamless sleep.