1.

kehlani in mm (pretend her hair is longer like up to her waist)^^ 

Arlington, TX

02.09.16.

11:23am

kehlani

The hot wind crept through my window, waking me up. It was colder than usual, not cold obviously, it's Texas; but the air wasn't as hot as yesterday. 

"Lei! You up?" I shouted, me and my little sister Leilani have been close since we were kids , I love her to death. We argue but we always find a way to apologize and move on.

"Yeah! What you want?" She shouted back instantly, it sounded like she had been up for hours.

"Wanna go shopping today? It's cooler than usual," I asked.

"Yeah sure," she replied, "What time should we leave?"

"At 12," I answered, tying my hair up in a bun.

We do have a brother. Or at least did.

He was shot by a boy, a gang member, when he was at Chick-Fil-A getting food for me. That's why I feel like it's my fault he died, if I didn't beg and plead for him to get me some fried chicken then this would never have happened.

Ethan, my brother, never got into any gangs though. He was good. Well he wasn't completely good, like in school and all but at home I guess he was ok, sometimes. Never seemed like he was the type to get into a gang he knew it was wrong. He was innocent, but they shot him, dead. I know you're meant to forgive and forget but never will I ever forgive, the person behind the gun. 

Ethan Walker, my brother, is dead. He is actually dead. My big brother, who I used to run to whenever there was a storm, who I used to beg for piggy backs, is gone. I can barely sleep at night with the thought that he's not going to be barging into my room at night telling me he's going to a party and not to tell mom. Wow.

11:55am

"Lei, you ready yet?" I shouted from my room. 

"Yeah, let me just put my hair into a ponytail," She shouted back.

I had been ready for a while now. I was wearing this.

With my long, curly hair flowing down to my waist

With my long, curly hair flowing down to my waist. I had the hat on but I decided to take it off because it felt tight on my head.

-

-

-

 We took a shortcut to the mall, Leilani was scared because that's were all the gang members hang out and shoot who ever is wearing red, they were crips. I told Leilani to remove her red bandana just in case, but I convinced her that they only come around at night, because that's what my brother always used to tell me. 

'DON'T GO THROUGH THERE AT NIGHT!' He would always scream at me when I joked about going through the shortcut. I liked seeing him mad at me, only when I was joking about something though. If I wasn't joking, then I hated when he was mad at me.

"See," I said as we walked through the narrow alleyway, "Nothing to worry abouuu..." My voice drifted off at the sight in front of me, "Oh my god,"

I could see Leilani was about to scream, so I covered her mouth in hope that she would shut up.

Standing in front of us were boys of different races, all wearing blue. There were 3 black boys, 2 mixed race boys, 2 hispanic boys and 1 white boy.

Gang members. Crips to be exact; they were all wearing blue.

They all turned around when they heard Leilani squeal, held up their guns at the same time and stared at us. Until one of them said.

"Na, don't shoot these two, they is fineeee. Hey ma, what you doing out here?" One said walking closer to me.

"Aye, Jayden leave her alone, man. She don't want you and you don't even know how old she is." Another boy said. 

"Man, shut up, Tay." Jayden, I guess his name is, said back.

"You shutup, leave these girls alone. Do they look like hoes to you? Since those are the only type of girls that you fw." Tay, I think his name is, said back. 2 other boys laughed at his comment.  Tay is a brownskin boy, with brown eyes that lit up in the sun. He looked so fine, I could just lick the chocolate off him. 

"For real, Jayden. Tay's right, she don't want you," Another boy said, putting his glock in his pants and walking slightly closer to me. He was a black boy but a bit lightskin and had beautiful hazel eyes, just like mine. He was very good looking. "She wants me,"

"Um," I began to say, shaking more than I ever had.

"How old is you?" Jayden asked.

"U-um, sixteen." I replied, frozen with fear.

"Don't be nervous, ma. We won't hurt you," Tay said staring at me with a cheeky smirk.

I bowed my head slightly and played with my fingers, feeling my cheeks getting baby pink. I ain't even white, but I'm very lightskin. This blushing thing is hella annoying. I don't even like Tay or whatever his name is. But I guess I'm just really scared/nervous.

After a few second when I knew I had stopped blushing, I lifted my head up.

"Um, sorry for coming in here, we'll just go." I said turning around, Leilani did the same. I was walking away until I felt a hand on my shoulder turn me around. 

"What's your instagram?" Tay said looking into my eyes.

"Uh, kehlanii.x, k-e-h-l-a-n-i-i- a fullstop and and x" I replied, feeling my legs going numb. 

"I'm finna follow you." Tay said, licking his lips and squinting his eyes at the sun.

He stared at me for a few seconds but it felt like forever to me, with his hand still on my shoulder, then he turned around and walked back to his friends.

"Y'all can pass through here if you want," Jayden said to us.

"Oh, um thanks," I said, dragging Leilani along. She froze and could barely walk or talk when she saw the gang members.

-

-

-

"What tf was that," Leilani said to me as we entered the mall. She looked stunned.

"I don't even know, why did I give him my instagram," I said, putting my head in my left hand.

Leilani just laughed as we entered 'Forever 21.'

tay k (taymor mcintyre)

"Man, shutup. She was all over me, I could tell by her eyes," Jayden said, licking his lips at the thought of Kehlani.

"All over you? Nigga no," Treyvone the brownsin but a bit lightskin boy with the hazel eyes said back.

"Hush, y'all don't even know her name," Pimpyz said, shaking his head.

"I do," I said, taking my hand off the car. "It's kehlani, I think."

"Kehlani plus Jayden, perfect match," Jayden said smiling.

We just laughed, Jayden can dream all he wants. That girl is never gonna be his, she seems too "good" for him.

She seems too good for any of us to be honest.

-k