Harry's on the football team and Y/N steals a dog

Start from the beginning

But she's coming! She's on her way and if he doesn't do something in the next three seconds she's going to – "Wha– oh, hi Harry. What're you doing on the ground?"

Did she just...does he know her? He plunks down on his bottom, not paying mind to the cold wood, "I – uh – s'nice right here."

She nods, "Bet it is, your bum must hurt from all the helmets ramming into it tonight. S'like they were aiming straight for it, huh?"

Harry nods, a short laugh at his mouth, "Niall says 'cos they want a piece of me bum. Nice piece it is."

"Yeah, sure is, but you'll freeze it off like that. Here," she shuffles the corgi (who is awfully compliant for just meeting Y/N, resting in a huff cradled by her one arm, and she holds out one hand for Harry to take, "Up you get." She utters, tugging him up with all her might and Harry nearly falls into her but he shoots out and reaches for the railing.

"Thank you...where'd – um – the dog?" He can't get his words out straight again, because he's staring into her eyes and they glimmer from the fairy lights. They're mesmerizing, he thinks, he could certainly stare into them for hours upon hours without getting bored.

She looks down fondly at the dog in her arms, "I guess it's whoever owns this house, but he was locked in the laundry room poor thing. I heard him scratching at the door when I was walking by so I got him out." Then her brows furrow, looking up, "Hey, why're you out here? Right as I'd walked out the door someone was looking for you."

"Too many people. Inside." Harry answers simply and he's really trying not to stare into her eyes anymore, because formulating sentences is getting difficult, "I – I, what's, uh...what's your name?"

"Say, you should spend the night here probably. You look a little too spacey to drive." He doesn't think she's ignoring him, a look of genuine concern on her face for his uncharacteristic stutter and fuck, he's really messing this up. Never has Harry made a bad first impression, at least he doesn't think, but this really takes the cake for the worst he's ever done around a girl.

Harry nods, and he opens his mouth with something along the lines of 'stay with me' about to tumble out but the glass door slides open and the little tranquil area they'd had was shattered by Sydney's voice (which is not at all soothing), "Harry, I didn't not wear panties just for you to – oh." She stops short, looking between the too of them with a skeptical gaze that makes the girl shuffle a bit, and just like that the light that she carried within her dims...Harry could see the glow lessen in her eyes, "Am I interrupting something?" It's very accusatory, how she says it, and it makes Harry's brows furrow. Sydney is never like this. Why would all the sudden she be so rude?

"Oi," he begins, about to call her out on it and defend the girl, but she rushes in.

"I'm going to get him back inside. It's cold." Her gaze flickers to Harry for a moment, "Bye Harry."

Harry watches as she slips passed Sydney to go inside, clutching the dog to her chest like a safety blanket and his heart aches, and yeah, maybe he definitely took that sip too make him a cluster of strange feelings for this girl he knows next to nothing about. He wishes she would've stayed though...that would've been nice.

"What's her name?" He asks absently, still staring at her wake and it comes out easier now that he isn't looking into her eyes. She must be some magical being or summat – that would be the only explanation for how he'd gotten so tongue-tied, really.

"What does it matter?" Sydney retorts grumpily at first, but Harry turns to face her with the look he gives just before he chastises someone and she caves in a huff, "Y/N."