{1}

Winter Park, Florida 1976

Ray Francis, a young girl with hopeful dreams and a pocket full of change in a small town just outside of Orlando, Florida.

A talented young photographer who wants a taste of the city life, to live her dreams and document her journey. Though it seems many obstacles stand in her way, she will do whatever it takes to make it a reality

Ray walked through the hallways of her low budget high school, strutting to her locker and grabbing her key. She quickly shoved her books in the small, grey locker before grabbing her literature book, looking at the pictures in her locker. she had different photographs of artists such as Lou Reed, Mick Jagger, Iggy Pop..., all by her favorite photographer and biggest inspiration , Mick Rock.

The bell rang and people rushed to class, and Ray ran to catch up with her best friend, Sage, easily recognisable by her mid length , black hair wit a slightly orange streak from when she decided to use some of Ray's left-over orange hair dye. Ray tapped on her shoulder and she abruptly turned around.

"Hey!" she said excitedly "I missed you." Ray looked at her and laughed, "you saw me two days ago!" "Thats a long time"the two girls laughed and made their way to class. "Ugh mrs. Clark" Sage whined before pushing the door open.

"Sit down ladies, we don't want to miss any more classes now do we?" Mrs Clark smirked and shot a look at Ray, who was notorious for being late to her class, i mean how can you expect her to go to a class she had 0 interest in. She sat down at her desk at the front of the class, feeling the eyes of her classmates burning in her back. "Hey, what page we on?" she asked Meghan, the quiet girl who sits next to her. "91." she replied with a smile, Meghan was always nice to Ray, she knew her from her old school and she was always as unprepared as Ray. The thing is, Ray was never really as social as she may look, she's very "outrageous" as some may say, with bright make-up and bright yellow hair, yet she doesn't really know how to approach people.

but i suppose in her class there aren't many people she would want to approach. Theres her small friend group of 5 people including herself, with Sage, her best friend, they've known each-other for over 5 years and have been inseparable since not to mention their love of music, writing and art, Sage is most often the model for Ray's pictures, then there's Mike, he hasn't got much in common with the girls but he has the same sense of humor as them. Daniel, the nerd of the group, he wasn't very smart but he knows way to much about pop culture and finally theres Alexander, the exchange student from Vietnam. This is whats known as the outcasts.