Chapter 2

I groaned as I tried to get up. My head felt like I got hit by a bus. I slowly opened my eyes as I got up off the cold floor, trying to remember what happened before I woke up here. Oh yeah, Klarion used an interdimensional teleportation spell. But mom and I messed it up somehow. Looking around my eyes landed on various different types of equipment. It looked like a top notch scientific laboratory. I saw my cane on the ground and I picked it up. "Where am I?"

"Horizon High School," a voice from behind me said. When I turned around I could see a large man with red hair, a red moustache and a red beard. He wore glasses, a light blue shirt and light brown pants. "Who are you and what are you doing in my school?" he said looking rather mad at me.

"My name is (Name) Zatara," I told him as I approached him. "Mind if I ask you your name?"

"Max Modell," he responded. "Well Mr. Zatara, you know you're trespassing right?" he took a phone out of his pocket. "I'm afraid I'm going to have to call the police," he said.

I flinched slightly as he said that. "That won't be necessary, I'll call my mother and she can explain everything," I took out my phone and unlocked it. I started to call mom but I didn't even hear it ring. I tried again and then looked to see if I had a signal. Nothing. My phone had no service what so ever. "That's weird," I turned to face the man. "My phone has no signal."

He looked sceptical about my statement. I showed him my phone to confirm I had no service at all.

This was weird, my mom put a spell on my phone so that I would always have a signal. I could be in the very depths of Hell and still be able to take a phone call. Speaking of mom was is she? "Etacol Annataz Arataz," using my phone as a medium for a simple locator spell I could see an image of Earth with a magic script around world. The spell couldn't find her.

This was strange, my mom doesn't hide herself from locator spells and she definitely wouldn't hide herself from me. No matter where she was within the universe my magic would definitely find her.

The only reason why my locator spell wouldn't work is if she either needed to hide herself or... oh no. Klarion's spell to travel to a different universe, it worked, and I got transported with him.

I heard Max let out a loud sigh and I knew what he was going to say next. "I'm sorry but I am going to have to call the police," he said starting to dial 911.

"No, wait!" I spoke up louder than usually. "Please let me explain," panic evident in my voice.

He looked at me questioningly. "Alright, I'll listen," Max said, raising his hand towards a desk with some chairs around it. I sat down on one of the chairs after him. "Start explaining, and maybe I won't call the police," he put an emphasis on the 'maybe'.

I sighed deeply and started to explain everything that happened last night. From when mom and I could sense powerful magic being used to when I found myself here. He got up after a moment. "I know it probably sounds crazy, but I am telling you the truth."

"Magic doesn't exist," he said taking picking up his phone. "I'm sorry, but I'm calling the police."

"Wohs mih ym seiromem fo tsal thgin!" I said extending my hands towards him. His eyes had a slight (F/C) glow in them. He could see everything that happened to me last night. "There is no way that two pillars of light like that could not be noticed by someone," I could see in his eyes that he knew I had a point. "So you have to believe that there is some truth to what I am saying."

I stopped my spell after he saw everything I had to show him. He just sat there for a few minutes in silence. "I'm not saying I believe you," he said as he removed his glasses and rubbed the bridge of his nose for a minute. "But I am willing to admit that there is a possibility that you are telling the truth," he put his glasses back on.