Amazing Day At ''School''

Start from the beginning

'' Ready to go?,'' Elena asked, smiling with her orange Jamesport backpack already on, keys in her hand.

I looked at the clock, and according to it we still had 40 minutes till we had to actually be there.

'' Doesn't school start in 40 minutes?,'' Rosalie asked, narrowing her eye brows in confusion.

'' Yes, but I thought we could get break fest at the grill before we go,'' she said, trying to con us into going with her.

'' Fine, but if they don't serve monsters somebody is going to get hurt,'' I said, and Elena gave me a funny look. I feared they did not have monsters.

I decided to take a monster with me just in case.

****

The grill was nice. A standard teen hangout. Brown walls, pool tables, a bar. They seemed to have it all. If they had monsters this would be my happy place.

I looked out the window and saw Damon's car. I smiled, scanning the crowd for him.

Rosalie came in and some dude with a leather jacket bumped into her. Jerk. I watched, curious of what she might do.

Huh. They were talking. Boring. I went to go find Damon.

I found him playing pool.

I walked over, already piecing together what I was going to say.

'' Hey,'' I said, smiling and grabbing a pool stick.

'' Hey,'' he said, flashing me a smile.

'' Can I play to?''

'' Sure, but I warn you. I will slaughter you,'' he warned.

Not a chance.

'' I happen to have been alive the day this game was invented, in fact I knew the guy that did, so I wouldn't bet on it,'' I said, and winked.

'' Game on,'' he said, flashing a flirty smile.

Yes!

'' Can I break them?,'' I asked, already reaching for the triangle.

'' Yeah.''

I broke them and three went in the holes, and I smiled.

'' So do you believe that me and Rose aren't here to hurt anybody now, Damon the unstable psychopath?,'' I asked.

'' Yes. There is just so much stuff that goes on in this town, its surprising to hear the truth for once,'' he mumbled.

Somebody didn't like to be wrong.

'' Yeah I was all for going to Vegas but no,'' I said, empathizing the no.

'' I love Vegas, in fact I was planning on going soon, you want to come?,'' he asked, needing a road trip buddy. I had a feeling not a lot of people liked this guy.

'' Sure, sounds fun,'' I said, smiling.

Suddenly I felt someone's arms on my elbow, tugging me away from my soul mate.

'' Hey what did you do that for?,'' I whined, sad because she took me away from my soul mate.

'' Did you know that the Salvatore have a younger brother?,'' she blurted out.

'' Oh really? Dibs.''

'' No come on you have Damon,'' Rosalie said.

Somebody was falling for a Salvatore.

'' Hey you got to respect the dibs''

'' You don't even know what he looks like,'' she whined.

'' So? If he is a Salvatore he is hot.''