"I just want to ask you if your promise to treat me can be done tonight for a dinner?" he hopefully said.

I sighed and calmed down. I completely forgot of that promise I made with him. Well, I can do it tomorrow night, but certainly not tonight.

"I'm sorry. I already have plans for tonight, Bench," nahihiya kong pagtanggi sa kanya.

His hopeful expression immediately shifted into a disappointed one. His shoulders also dropped down along with his mood.

"If you want―"

I wasn't able to finish talking when I felt Jace's arm wrapped around my shoulder. He casually stepped into the scene, and I looked him who was giving Bench a look, telling him to back off.

I thought he was going to say something to Bench, but instead, he just stared at him for a few seconds before averting his gaze to me.

"Let's go home," he told me, and I was almost blinded by his smile. "Mom's waiting for us."

Biting my lower lip, I nodded at him, and he just smiled wilder before nodding at Bench whose jaw was literally dropped. Just like my best friend, he also couldn't believe what he just saw.

From my shoulder, Jace's hand travelled down to my waist and pulled me even closer to him.

"Isha, we'll go now," he told Isha who was still fixing her things.

I smiled at her, and she smiled back while nodding her head.

Jace grabbed my shoulder bag from the seat where I put it and held my hand as we exited the meeting room. His jaw kept on clenching as we waited for the elevator to reach the basement where the parking lot was located.

"Uh... Jace?" I called his attention with slight hesitation. "I brought my car with me on the way here."

"We will just use your car, then," he said.

"How about your car?" I asked him.

"I'll just ask someone to get it once we're home," he said, and the elevator doors opened when we reached the right floor.

Nauna siyang lumabas ng elevator at sumunod naman ako sa kanya nang bigla siyang tumigil para lingunin ako.

"Where did you park your car?" he asked me.

"Third block," I answered and gave him my car keys.

Jace got the keys from me and walked straight to the block where my car was parked. He pressed the key fob to unlock the car and immediately slid inside the driver's seat.

I pursed my lips when I realized that he was mad about something that happened earlier with Bench. I wanted to confront him, but I can't. I didn't want to push his buttons more if I will accidentally say something wrong. I'd rather stay quiet and let him talk to me first.

His grip on the steering wheel was so tight when I stole a glance at him. I pursed my lips and just focused on my hands at the top of my lap.

We were so sweet the last time we rode his car. He was even holding my hand.

I heard him exhale a deep sigh and before I even avert my gaze back to him, my eyes were glued to my hand that he suddenly held like he heard my thoughts. He slowly intertwined his hands on mine, and I felt the familiar electricity on my skin when our fingers brushed against each other.

Who would have thought that a pissed off Jace can still manage to be sweet?

Well, I didn't know why this still surprised me though. The biggest surprised in my life was when he fell for me when I never thought he would.

Jace courting me was the biggest plot twist of my life, so far.

"You promised Bench a date?" He finally let me hear his voice that I've been dying to hear.

I gathered all the courage I have and gulped down my nervousness as I think of a right answer that I should say.

"Uhm... last week pa 'yon. Hindi rin 'yon date. Ililibre ko lang naman siya," sabi ko. "Nahiya kasi ako sa kanya no'ng nagmeeting kami. Agad akong umalis at iniwan siya dahil..." Huminga ako ng malalim bago nagpatuloy. "Dahil ang sabi ni Rose ay naroon ka raw sa office at hinihintay ako."

Hiyang-hiya akong aminin sa kanya ang dahilan pero nagawa ko.

I looked at him to see his expression and saw that his lips was twitching, trying to keep himself from smiling. He must be thinking that I'm so into him.

"Well, I guess you have to break your promise, then," he said and managed to remain serious. "You are not allowed to date him or any man. That includes Dylan as well. I'm the only one whom you are allowed to date, and of course, your father."

Bigla ko namang naalala si Dylan dahil nabanggit niya ito. I should probably talk to him about Jace before our mothers pursue their plans to control our future and plan our marriage for the sake of our business.

As far as I knew him, he was a kind man so I had high hopes that he will understand. Once we had an agreement that we cannot push this through, I think my mother will also understand... hopefully.

I felt Jace tightened his held on my hand that caught my attention. I averted my gaze to him, and he glanced at me as he wanted to focus on the road we were taking.

"What are you thinking?" he asked me, curious when I fell deep into my thoughts and kept quiet.

Umayos naman ako ng puwesto kung saan komportable akong nakalingon sa kanya upang maging madali ang aking pakikipag-usap sa kanya.

"I'm thinking of talking to Dylan," I told him and be honest. "I want to tell him about you... about us."

He suddenly beamed at my answer. "That's great!" he exclaimed. "Can I come?"

Kumunot naman ang aking noo habang nakatingin sa kanya.

"Hindi ka kasama, Jace. Ako lang ang kakausap sa kanya," sabi ko.

Agad naman siyang sumimangot dahil sa aking sinabi. He really wanted to be with me as I talk to Dylan, but I knew that it will be easier if I'm alone.

"Bakit hindi ako kasama?" tanong niya sa akin at hindi ko alam kung matatawa ba ako sa kanyang pagtatampo o hindi. "I told you that you're not allowed to date any man that isn't me or your dad."

"Jace, it's not date," I made it clear to him. "I will just talk to him about us."

"It's still a date since you two are alone together," he argued.

I sighed in defeat. I didn't know that it will be this difficult to argue with Jace when it comes to these things.

"Okay... You can come," I told him. "But I need you to keep some distance form us and let us talk alone. Okay na ba 'yon sa'yo?"

He pursed his lips and acted like he was thinking. He was so adorable, but annoying at the same time.

He's so lucky that I love him so much.

"I really need to talk to him alone," I said, trying to persuade him as much as I can. "This is not just about us but also, our mothers. I don't want our conversation to be awkward and uncomfortable because of your presence."

Jace became serious again and heaved. "Is this about your mother planning for your arrange marriage with Dylan?"

I bit my lower lip and nodded. "I already told her that I don't want to, but she kept on insisting it."

I wanted Jace to know everything. I knew he also had a hunch about my mother's impression of him when he visited to our house.

Mom didn't like him because of a fact that he was not the heir of their company; that he chose to do what he loves and became an Architect. For her, Jace just made the most stupid decision choosing a different career. Dad was the one who saw Jace's braveness and passion.

Jace's jaw clenched. "I will not let that happen," he said with finality. "I'll do whatever it takes."

I smiled when I felt the security that his words gave me. I knew I can trust him.