A Little Angel~Loki

You and Loki had been together for nearly two years. You were his rock and his queen.
   "Loki, I have to go to work", you mumbled as the two of you layed in bed. Loki had both arms wrapped tightly around you.
   "Don't go today. Stay with me for the day, love", Loki mumbled, his breath fanning over your ear.
   "I wish I could, but I can't right now", you sighed, closing your eyes. You wanted nothing more than to stay cuddled up against him.
   "Just do it. Please?", he asked you, giving you a gentle squeeze.
   "Fine", you smiled, giving in quickly. You just wanted to stay there, safe in his arms.
   A few hours later the two of you decided to go for a walk, but it was interrupted by an attack.
   "Go home and stay safe, love", Loki mumbled, kissing your head before he went off. You frowned deeply but began to go home. You had barely began going back when a little girl, about 3, ran to you, screaming about her mother.
   "Where is she?", you asked, crouching down. The girl pointed back to where a collapsed building was. You frowned and picked the girl up, "Lets take you home with me for now. Once this is all over, we can take you to the police and find your parents."
   The girl hugged your neck as you carried her home with you. You gave her some food and a bath, putting her in one of your shirts. You put her in the bed Loki and you share. She reached her arms out for you and you smiled, laying down to cuddle her. She fell asleep in your arms.

***

Loki woke you up and you had taken the girl to the police. She was sent to stay with you until they could find word on her mother. It took a week, and it wasn't good news.
   "Her mother is dead", an officer said, standing outside your door.
   "What will happen to her?", You asked.
   "She has no other family. She will have to go into the system", the officer replied.
   "What if I take her?", you asked, biting your lip.
   "Well, there's a lot you'd have to do, but I don't see a problem with it. We will let her stay with you for now while you sign the proper papers and other things", the officer smiled.
   "Thank you, officer", you nodded and slowly shut the door. You walked back to your room to find Loki playing with the young girl, which you had found out was Angel. She giggled as he caused small illusions of animals and other things.
   Loki looked up at you and stood, "So?"
   "Its not good. But she may be able to stay with us."
   "I Would love for her to stay with us", Loki nodded and smiled, picking Angel up.
   "Angel, how would you like to stay with us?", you asked.
   "Where's Mommy?", she asked.
   "Angel, dear, your mother... she's in heaven, helping all the children up there", you mumbled weakly.
   "When will she come back?", Angel asked.
   "She can't come back. They need her there", you answered. Angel began to cry then, hugging tightly to Loki. You watched, tears in your own eyes.

***

Weeks later you had custody of Angel and she was slowly getting used to all the changes. She had begun calling Loki 'Daddy' but she had yet to call you anything but a cute version of your name.
   "Angel, how about we go to the park?", you asked her.
   "Yeah! Let's go, Mommy!", Angel clapped her hands. You teared up, smiling happily. Loki grinned and picked angel up, swinging her around.
   He hugged both of you at once, "My beautiful girls."