"We are friends?" I asked excitedly.

He ran up to me. "Ofcourse we are dumdum." He smiled at me.

I smiled back and that was how I made my first real friend.

"Fine." I huffed making him smile brightly.

"It's like you are the main character of a novel." Was the first thing he said after I told him everything making me look at him confused.

"What?" I asked.

"Nothing. Don't think too much dumdum." He said.

I rolled my eyes at the nickname. Just then my laptop chimed signalling the arrival of an email.

He smiled excitedly. "Is it Saif?" He came to stand behind me to read.

I opened the mail and started reading.

Name : Alina Edris
Age      : 21 years
Family : Mother named Aaliya
                Brother named Arif
Occupation : Interior Designer
                        Currently part timer at
                        Fate coffeeshop
Friends : Madiha Mirza ( Best friend )

"Seems normal enough." Rehaan commented.

"What were you expecting?" I asked.

"Orphan or kicked out by step mother. Very poor but kind hearted. No friends. All alone in this world." He said.

I looked at him thinking he was crazy. "Do you really think my life is a movie?" I asked.

"Not a movie a novel." He corrected me.

"That's what's important here?!" I asked.

He just smiled sheepishly.

"Give me some ideas on how to approach her without acting like a creep." I said.

He sat down thinking seriously which is a very rare occasion.

"Ah hah!" He said eyes shining brightly. "She is an interior designer right? So why don't you hire her?"

"That's actually a great idea." I said.

He just smirked. "Well what did you expect from me?"

I shook my head. "Which project is going on currently?" I asked.

"Well the movie theatre in Mumbai is almost complete so that's out. The Delhi project is on hold currently. Oh I know! The Manhattan hotel!"

I nodded. "Yes that's perfect. Get me the files for it." I said.

"And why should I?" He asked raising his eyebrows at me.

"Because it's your job?" I said.

He laughed. "Right! I sometimes forget it. I will get it." He said leaving my office still laughing.

I started working while he was gone. Knowing him it would take some time. He stops to talk to every employee he meets. That's how he knows all the office gossip.

"It's important to know your employees." That's what he said to me when I asked him about it.

As expected he came back half an hour later. "Here." He said placing the files on my desk.

I looked through the files as he briefed me about the project.

"The construction is almost done and we have started looking for interior designer. I informed the team that you will personally select the interior designer this time. They were very scared." He chuckled.

"Why were they scared?" I asked.

"Well their boss suddenly wanting to do the task personally made them think that you are not satisfied with their work and they are in trouble."

"Did you tell them it's not that?" I asked not wanting them to stress over nothing.

"No."

"Why?"

"Because it's fun this way." He laughed.

"Call and tell them." I ordered.

"You are no fun." He said going to do it.

After studying the files I decided this is the perfect chance. I can get to know her through this job.

I just hope her personality is as pretty as her. I smiled thinking of her very pretty face.

I can't wait to meet her officially.

_______________________________________

Hello lovelies,

If you liked this chapter don't forget to vote and comment.

P.S. What do you think about Aman and Rehaan's first meeting?

Stay safe and healthy~
- Author