"Nag-aalala lang ako, daddy..." sabi ko. "She's not here to eat breakfast with us."

He chuckled. "Your mom's still sleeping, and I don't want to wake her up."

Lumabi naman ako at saka tumango-tango. I was totally relieved to know that they're fine. Even if I kind of hated my mother right now, they're still my parents, and I didn't want them to fall apart.

Agad akong pumasok sa trabaho matapos kumain ng umagahan. I checked the powerpoint that I asked my secretary to make and did some slight revisions to it. Pinag-aralan ko rin ang bawat slide ng mabuti dahil ayaw kong pumalpak mamaya.

I knew that this was just an unofficial meeting for the project, but knowing that Jace's gonna be watching me, I wanted to do my best.

"Ma'am Za, Engineer Horan's already here." My secretary suddenly announced.

Napatingin naman ako sa orasan at nakitang thirty minutes siyang maaga.

"Uh... Papasukin mo muna siya rito sa office. Prepare the meeting room already," I told her.

"Okay po." She immediately did what she was told.

I saved the powerpoint on my laptop that I've read for over five times already. As I was fixing my stuff, Isha came inside my office.

"Uhm... I'm sorry if I'm this early," she apologized with a sly smile. "I was with a meeting earlier with a client. Malapit lang kasi rito kaya nang matapos ay dumiretso na ako."

Umiling naman ako at saka ngumiti. "Ayos lang. It's better to be early, than be late," sabi ko. "Upo ka muna."

"Thank you," she thanked me and gracefully sat on the couch.

She carefully placed her shoulder bag on her side before she sat straight with a good posture. I've never sat that way in my life because it makes me comfortable, but she can do it effortlessly and very natural.

I bet she had an award every year before for proper conduct and manner.

"Your office has a nice interior," she complimented as she looked around my office.

"Uh... Thanks!" I smiled at her. "May gusto ka bang inumin? Juice, water or coffee?"

She shook her head. "I'm fine. Thank you, by the way for the hospitality."

I can't believe that Jace didn't fall for her throughout the years that they've been together. It seemed impossible for him not to fall for someone like Isha who was almost perfect.

Nagpatuloy na lang ako sa pag-aayos ng aking gamit dahil pagkatapos ng meeting ay aalis na kami ni Jace papunta sa kanilang bahay. I'll bring my things to the meeting room already. Para hindi na kami bumalik sa office pagkatapos.

My phone suddenly chimed in the middle of silence. I glanced at it and smiled when I saw that Jace just sent me a text. Agad ko itong kinuha upang basahin.

Jace Sy:
Almost there. Give me ten minutes. See you.

I bit my lower lip, trying to stop myself from smiling wilder and typed my reply.

Me:
Okay. Ingat!

"Is that Jace?"

Gulat naman akong napaangat ng tingin kay Isha nang bigla siyang nagtanong sa akin.

"Uhm... Oo," sagot ko at tumango-tango bago ibinaba muli sa lamesa ang aking cellphone.

She smiled and stared down at her hands. "I'm happy for the both of you," she suddenly said.