"The alarm clock is for peasants like you to come and wake me up after it wakes you. And moreover I can't keep throwing my cell phones at the wall when they refuse to shut up. Been there, done that... Also, clocks are cheaper." She replied unhurriedly, as she went towards her vanity and picked up her hair brush and began to delicately brush her hair. He rolled his eyes at her non sensical reasons and stepped inside, before going to her bed and falling on it, watching the beautiful field of lavenders that she had painted on the roof. During the darkness of the night, this field was set aglow, due to the distinct paint she had used for this project. It looked beautiful.

"You could always ask someone to come wake you up."

"And be done with the procrastination while waking up? No thanks! I would continue with my current routine if you don't mind." She was proving to be so much difficult right now. He was fed up of her ringing clocks. They had become the bane of his existence, ruining his good mornings and making them bad, the first thing everyday. He needed it stopped and immediately.

His room was right next to hers, along with three other cousins of theirs, who would rather bear her atrocities (such as this) in silence, rather than speak out loud, like he did. When they were young, she and him were inseparable. They were best friends and spent every second of their day together. They had demanded to have rooms right next to the other and continued with the arrangement even when they had grown up. And now he regretted his stupid childhood counterpart for making such a measly decision. He needed an out and it was too late to change rooms. He sighed again.

"You have got to stop this habit. It's gonna make me insane and give me dark circles. Your alarm basically start ringing at five in the morning! FIVE! Why do even need to wake up at five?" He asked her while he grit his teeth. She waved him off.

"I want to wake up and breathe in the cold morning air. It's fresh and healthy!"

"And totally out of your league!"

"Mind your language!"

"Or what? You would tell Grand Da? What else could you do apart from being a tattle tale? Huh Princess?"

"How dare you?"

"Oh I could dare do more than that!"

"Mind your own business!"

"THIS is my business!"

"No it's mine!"

"When it rudely wakes me up, it becomes my business!"

Their fight had started much more earlier that day and like always their other cousins kept out of it, because they knew not to interfere when they both were at it. When their fights started or ended nobody could predict and taking sides could land you into loads of trouble with both of them one way or the other cause they refused to let others badmouth the other even when they were amidst fights.

Adiva and Yamin Rasan were best friends and the world knew it. They were first cousins, children of two brothers. They were born hours apart from the other and Adiva was the elder of the two. They had refused to be separated after their birth. Somehow latching on to the other for comfort. Even now they were each other's first choice for safety and comfort, when anything went wrong. Yamin was awfully protective of Adiva.

Adiva Rasan was also the darling of the whole Rasan family. She was the beloved great grand daughter of the head of the family, Ehlam Rasan, who spoiled her to the core and was referred to as Grand Da by all the younger generations. He was akin to royalty and sometimes his fame preceded even that of the Royals.

Adiva was lovingly called as the Princess of the Rasans. She was stubborn, headstrong and impulsive. She was also awfully soft hearted and clueless though. It made her interesting. Her male cousins and her only elder brother by three years, were all protective of her. Even some of her female cousins were, but they had their moments of jealousies, which went unnoticed by the clueless Adiva.