Chapter fifteen

Mulai dari awal

"They knew we were coming," I hissed angrily and kicked at a stray bullet shell and watched as it smashed into an already shattered window and fell to the floor with a small thud. "That means Zachary was already moved to another location, and now we're back to square one."

At that moment I seriously felt like punching something over and over again to let out all this pent up frustration and anger and I was surprised by this reaction. Usually I was collected in situations like this, but just the thought of treating this like it was no big deal made me want to yell at myself.

Maybe the reason for this was because I had seriously come to care for Zachary, way more then I should ever have because of my line of work, and the fact that I had no clue if he was okay or not.

If they had hurt even a single hair on his body then they are all dead, no if's, and's, or but's about it are going to stop me from putting a bullet through each of their heads, and I will gladly be happy to do the job myself.

"Calm down Jason, they couldn't have gone too far right, we'll just search--," Ross began but I cut him off.

"Calm down, we don't even know when they found out, so they could be anywhere by now. How did they even find out in the first place?" I questioned hotly and began pacing the length of the room.

"It had to have been someone who attended the meeting since we didn't tell anyone of our plans here until just a while ago," Ross mused, on the same track of mind I was on, which is probably why we get along so much and why I am able to work so well with him.

"I was thinking exactly the same thing, but the question is who snitched," I murmured as I thought about the possibilities.

From who had attended the meeting, there were a total of ten people, not including myself and Ross since there wasn't a doubt in my mind that he had no part in Zachary's kidnapping and whatnot.

Ross wasn't the kind of guy who would betray someone once he swore loyalty to them, plus Ross and I were practically like brothers and would never even think of doing something like that to each other, I just couldn't see him doing that.

I also believe he's innocent since I've been within close proximity since the operation began, so if he even dared to try anything then I would have found out before he could pull one over on me.

I also don't think Sam's responsible for this, which left nine more potential candidates.

Anyways, whoever it was who did it was going to have hell to pay for keeping me from my Zachary, I thought, deathly serious.

Ross and I's conversation ended abruptly when one of my men came to report that there was no one else in the house, which I had already guessed and I dismissed him, and then called on another.

"Any casualties?" I asked Mike, one of those from the group I had been leading.

"Eight are dead and four have minor injuries, sir," he said and I nodded my head, my mind already going through what to do.

"Alright, get those injured to Lei and call Harper, tell him he's on clean up duty and give this address," I ordered and he got right on that, digging his phone out of his pocket so he could call Harper and began gathering up those injured. With a satisfied nod of my head I turned my attention back to Ross.

During my brief distraction Ross had taken it upon himself to roam around the room and take a look around and had started conversing with someone from his group, a troubled expression on his face. When he saw that I was done he came over.

"They found an underground tunnel below the building. I believe this is how they were able to leave without us knowing, and how these guys got in," Ross informed me.