one

i stared down at the water beneath my feet, the sound of the current mixing with the heavy winds. my hair blew into my face, as my shaky hands clung tightly onto the railing.

" just do it, molly, just jump "
i told myself, my eyes squeezing shut as i sucked in a breath, the cold air turning my fingertips red.
i let out another breath, my eyes pearing down at the stream, my heart speeding up rapidly just at how high i was.
" jump. get away from him, away from it all. come on " i was murmuring this under my breath, letting go of the bar hesitantly.

one step forward, and it'll all end.
with that thought rushing through my mind, I took a step, my foot hovering over the edge; until a sudden deep voice spoke up,
startling me slightly.
" don't do it "

i didn't dare turn around, i kept my eyes on the water, wishing for it to swallow me up whole.
" leave me alone " was all i said, not wanting to see the boy who was stood behind me, probably staring at me intensely.

he didn't know what i was going through, who was he to tell me what to do?
all i wanted was for him to leave, and let me do what i came here to do.
" i'm not leaving until you get down from that railing " he spoke up again, his words making
my eyes open widely.
i still remained staring out ahead of me at the forest, the wind whistling in the air, sending my red hair dancing above my head.

for some reason, his words influenced me, as i leant back against the railing. i wanted to do this alone, on my own terms, not with some random, nosy, boy, watching me intently.
one day.
and so with that, i climbed over, my green eyes remaining on the ground as i shoved my hands into my hoodie pockets, attempting to keep warm.

not a word was said between the two of us as i slowly headed back down the dark and empty road, completely isolated. the same road which i walked up earlier tonight, thinking that it'd be the last thing i'd see, or the last time i'd ever have to cross that bridge again.

but i knew i'd come back, i had to.
i just didn't think he would, too.