35

Cora's pov

Loud banging all around us and we're to our feet, being in here days without sound, water, or food. Better yet, and a shower, the cell-like confinement smelling all kinds of off.

"Get your arses down the stairs!" Is yelled as light pours down, bodies being shoved down.

"Dad!" I cry out as I recognise one of the faces.

"Mom! Dad!" The others yell.

"Baby?" Dad questions, running up to the bars of the cell.

We hug through the bars and melt to each other.

"I thought I was never going to see you again," I cry, tears tracked down my face.

"I'm here now, sweetheart. It's okay." He whispers, wiping my tears with soft fingers.

"It'll be okay." He gives false hope.

We cling to each other and watch as everyone huddles together and catches up, relieved to see one another. As the door opens again, Dad steps in front of me as to shelter me.

"Alright, who's first?" Is shouted, a bloody and bruised man holding a chrome bar walking down the stairs.

He flicks on a light and allows us to see the seeming to be basement.

"I was given the authority to break bones, so who is it? Who wants to die?" He asks, making Dad tighten his grip around me.

"Bite me." Dad mutters.

The man chuckles, walking up to us.

"Jacob Bixenman, pleasure to kill you." He smiles so wickedly, "It's been a long time coming."

Dad lets go of me and hides me from view, standing up tall. The man swings his metal bar at Dad, him ducking and swinging a fist directly at his face. He gets a good hit, the man backing up and scowling. The bloke recovers and pounds the bar into Dad's stomach, shoving him into the cell bars.

"Fuck." He groans out.

He's hit over and over again, the kids pulling me closer and comforting me as I cry.

"Dad! Stop! You're killing him!" I scream as my father lays on the floor, out cold.

"Killing him?" The man mutters, "No, I'm just getting started."