Once they left, Harry shooed me into the living room and told me to relax while he cooked dinner for us. It was probably one of the sweetest things he had ever done for me.

I tried not to laugh when I heard him cursing and shouting and banging pots and pans around and tried to offer my help but he wouldn’t have any of it. After an hour and a half, he reappeared. He was covered in different colored liquids and flour and looked so cute as he sheepishly smiled and told me dinner was ready.

He covered my eyes as he led me into the kitchen and sat me down at the kitchen table. He sat down next to me.

“Open your eyes!” He exclaimed.

I opened my eyes and looked at the food spread out before us. There was pasta of some sort, a salad and some bread.

“All this just for me?” I asked incredulously. I looked around at the kitchen. It looked like a complete disaster zone and so did Harry. But none of that mattered, it only mattered that he had gone to such an effort for me.

“Anything for the most beautiful girl in the world,” he told me.

I leaned in and kissed him.

I have to admit I was a bit hesitant to try what he had prepared considering he had shouted more so at the pasta than I’ve ever heard anyone else, but taking a bite of it, it was wonderful.

“How is it?” he asked as I tried some of the salad.

“Wonderful,” I replied.

“I know I made a bit of a mess but it’s not as easy as they make it look on the cooking shows.”

We finished our meal enjoying the food he had lovingly prepared and when we were finished, I shooed him out of the kitchen so I could clean up. I glanced at the time and saw it was nearly 9 o’clock and got to work, scrubbing the dishes and the counters and sweeping the floor. Thirty minutes later, I was finished and excused myself to ‘freshen up.’

I had taken the stairs two at a time, checking my appearance in the mirror. I never really wore make-up. Harry said I didn’t need it, but tonight I had experimented with some blush and mascara and borrowed some of my mum’s red lipstick. I opened my drawer and pulled out the silky lingerie I had picked up from Marks and Spencer’s a few weeks ago. I had wanted to go for white but the shop assistant assured me red was the color of desire.

It took me a few minutes to even remember how to put it on and ensure the front was tied tighter than the shop assistant had showed me. It was a one-piece that had lace trim and an open front to ‘show optimum skin’ with a bit of padding in the bra to ‘give you a little pick me up.’ Thankfully I always looked old for my age and the shop assistant asked if I was home from University visiting my boyfriend. I nodded and agreed and quickly left the store with the most risqué piece of clothing I had ever purchased.