I laughed with no humor before I seriously stared at my mom.

"I assure you that this is not just a short-term feeling, mom," I told her. "I've been in love with Jace even before I went to New York because that's what you wanted me to do and because I also needed to. But you see, mom, the feeling is still here. Hindi nawawala at nababawasan. Patuloy lang na sumisiklab at lumalalim."

"Love?" she also laughed like she found what I said as a joke. "Come on, Za! You're still young for the love that you're talking about. Get your senses right and see what's good for you!"

"Really, mom?" I'm so close at resenting her for being so hypocrite. "I'm too young to feel what love is, but I'm not too young for you when it comes to marrying the man you want me to end up with?"

"How dare you talk back to me that way?" Her face was starting to get red.

Even if I wanted to stop, I also wanted to express what I was feeling. Gusto kong makita at maintindihan niya ang katayuan ko patungkol sa gusto niyang mangyari.

I knew that she was my mother, but it didn't mean that she had a final say with what I wanted to do with my life.

Parents are there to guide their children and to give them advices, but they're not entitled to meddle like the way she's meddling with my life right now. We're talking about my future! I didn't want to risk my lifetime happiness for the sake of our business.

"What if you're in my position, mom?" I challenged her. "Paano kung gusto kang palayuin ni lola noon kay daddy at ipakasal ka sa iba na hindi mo naman mahal para sa kompanya? What will you do, mom?"

Based on her reaction to my question, I knew that she was having a hard time answering it that made me question her love for my father. Though there was no doubt that she loved my father but the question was how much she loved him for her to hesitate?

I've made up my mind.

I will never be like my mother. I will never hesitate when it comes to proclaiming how much I love my husband in the future. I will never think twice. I will fight for my love even if the odds aren't in favor with me.

"Zarina."

My eyes widened when I heard my father called me. I turned at the staircase and saw him standing there.

I suddenly felt guilty. I was sure that he's heard of my conversation with mom. Hindi na niya dapat narinig pa 'yon.

Parang may lumamutak sa aking puso nang makita ko ang dumang sakit sa mata ng aking ama. I took a glance at my mother who looked so sorry as she stared at my father whose eyes were directed on me instead of her.

"Daddy..." I sounded so apologetic.

Tipid siyang ngumiti sa akin at sinenyasan akong lumapit sa kanya. Hindi ako nag-aksaya pa ng oras at agad na sinunod ang kanyang utos.

"You go to your room now and take a rest, darling, okay?" malambing niyang sabi sa akin at pirming pinapanatili ang ngiti na kanyang suot.

"Dad..." I sighed. "I'm sorry..."

His smile vanished from his lips before he shook his head and leaned closer to kiss me on my forehead.

"You don't have to be sorry about anything, Za..." he assured me. "Now, don't you worry and take a rest now. Jace told me that she invited you to their house tomorrow night. You should prepare yourself for that."

I was surprised that my dad knew about it. I wanted so bad to talk to him about Jace and ask a few questions, but I knew that he needed to talk to mom. Hindi man sila nagsasalita ngayon pero alam kong nagkaroon ng lama tang kanyang relasyon dahil sa nangayri ngayong gabi.