Chapter 10 - Fortune

Start from the beginning

Grinning, he responded, "Seems like I got a little misfortune up ahead," as he let me read his fortune and it was shou-kyou.

"You got a small curse?!" I reacted.

"Yup!" he was just laid back.

"We should tie it somewhere," I hastened as I dragged him.

"Now, now. Don't worry, f/n-chan," he simply told me. "It's not like I wholly believe on fortune tellings or anything like that."

"You don't?"

"Not really."

We were finally in front of the branches.

"Well, just tie it there and wait for me, okay? I'll be right back," I told him.

He simply nodded and I left.

"I also got this last year..." he thought as he tied his fortune on the branch and sighed.

"Oh. Tendou!" the middle blocker suddenly heard.

"Reon! Semisemi!" he responded.

"I told you, stop calling me that!" Semi-san responded.

"You guys are here. Where are the others?" the redhead asked.

"I don't know. Sleeping, probably. I just went on my own and happened to met Ohira here," Semi-san replied.

"How about you, Tendou? Did you came here alone?" Ohira-san asked.

"Well, I was----------"

"Sorry I made you wait, Satori!" I called as I went back. "Oh. Semi-san! Ohira-san!" I acknowledged them.

"Hi there, l/n-san," Ohira-san greeted.

"So you went alone with l/n, huh? Pretty clever," Semi-san was teasing.

"I just wanna spend some New Year quality time with f/n, that's all," Satori responded.

"Well, we shouldn't be raining on your parade, then. See you guys back at the dorm," Semi-san said.

I nodded. "Take care, you guys!"

And with that, the two took their leave.

"Anyway, I grabbed some croquettes. They're still pretty hot," I told Satori as I gave him one.

"Thanks," he said and took a bite. "Hmm~~~ It's delicious~~~"

"It is!" I agreed with him. "So... What do we do now?" I asked as we kept munching.

Taking the last bite and swallowing it, he responded, "Wanna see something cool?" as he grinned.

After minutes of continuous walking through the mountain behind the shrine, Satori took me to a place where the city can be seen from above. The lights were pretty much on as it was still twilight.

"You're right. It is cool!" I said as I really was amazed by the view.

"You ain't seen nothing yet," grinning as he told me. "For now, we should wait just a little bit," he said as he sat down on the grass.

Following his action, I asked, "You came here every year?"

"Yup! Right after I visit the shrine."

"Just you alone?"

"Not anymore," he said. "This year, I decided to brought you here to see how magnificent nature can be," he told me as he smiled.

I smiled back at him. "By the way, I got you this," I said as I gave him an omamori. "It'll repel your small curse and give you good fortune."

"F/n----------"

"I also bought one for myself!" I told him as I showed him mine. It was more or less the same as his.

"You really shouldn't have."

"Oh, c'mon. It's nothing."

And then a ray of sunlight suddenly caught our attention. I gasped as I saw the sun starting to rise up as it's rays were kissing away the darkness.

"So beautiful..." I commented as I was mezmerized by the auspicious view that I was witnessing.

"Yeah... So beautiful..." I heard Satori said, failing to notice that he was actually looking at me, getting enthralled by his Jump buddy instead of the enchanting sunrise.

"C'mon now, let's make a wish!" I said as I stood back up, pulling him up with me.

As I closed my eyes, the redhead looked at me for a second before following my action. Several seconds later, we both opened our eyes.

"So... What did you wish for?" he asked.

"Well, I wish that my last few months as a high school student will be so memorable," I answered wholeheartedly. "How about you?"

"I wish that you won't get mad at me."

Not really getting what he meant, I asked, "Why would I get mad----------"

Before I even knew it, his lips touched my cheek. It was just a peck but it was more than enough to make me go like:

F/n.exe has stopped working

Satori chuckled at the development. "What? Would you have preferred it more if it was on your lips, f/n?" he cunningly asked me, soaking me with fuel and setting me ablaze.

"T-That's not---------- I-I mean---------- I-I was just----------" my mind was scrambled as I kept on stuttering.

He traced his fingers on my jawline, stopping on my chin to lift it up, making me look at him directly on his eyes. I was held captured by those dark red orbs of his... by the way he looked at me... It was like he wanted to do something but he was searching for another thing first.

"What is it? Permission?"

And then he started to lean in close to me. Out of impulse, I closed my eyes, waiting for something to happen. A flick on the forehead was all I got.

"Ow! What was that for?!" I reacted as I saw him laughing while he distanced himself away from me.

"There was bug on your forehead," he simply responded.

"There wasn't!"

"There was."

"Wasn't."

"Was."

It went on and on as we head back to the dorm. On the bright side, it made me retract my impeding blush, at least until I get back to my room.

"You see, f/n? I told you I don't wholly believe in fortune telling. If my small curse really was true, then you might've pushed me away already... You wouldn't even be talking to me right now... Or maybe the small curse was no match against the omamori that you gave me..."