"You don't have to look at them anymore," he informed me in a ridiculously even tone. I furrowed my brow at him in obvious confusion. If we didn't look at the Angels, they would move and kill us! They even told me that they were willing to kill both of us if we stood in their way. The Doctor continued his explanation after seeing the look on my face. "They're frozen statues, just like they should be. You see, each and every one of them is looking at another Angel, making it impossible for any of them to move. They've trapped themselves."

"They're quantum locked." I whispered, slowly spinning myself around in a circle and looking at all the immovable Angels. Bits of desperation were trapped within all of their eyes. The hungry Angels could fly no longer.

"Oh, you bet." he said. He subconsciously sniffed and squeezed between the space of two Angels to get out of the circle. Thinking fast, I followed suit so I wouldn't block the view from one statue to the next.

I started brushing myself off. "So what'll happen to them?" I asked half-heartedly. Deep down inside, I really didn't care about the Angels. I only cared about the people that they could hurt.

"Chances are they'll just deteriorate and die, given the possibility that no one finds them here first." he answered, shoving his hands in his pockets.

"So the Universe is safe?" I asked.

"For now," he said grimly, glaring at the statues for a moment but then blinking a few times and turning his attention back to me. "You alright?"

I snorted. "Oh, so now you ask?" What a gentleman he was.

"Yes, I'm asking you now, so you're supposed to answer now." the Doctor said, disregarding my snide remark entirely.

"Well now that you ask, I'm horrible, no thanks to you." I answered honestly, giving him a hard smack on the arm.

"Ow!" he exclaimed, jumping back to get out of my hitting range and rubbing his tender arm. "What was that for?"

"For almost having me killed!" I yelled. I balled my hands up in tight fists by my side to restrain myself from hitting him again. "You're the one who sent me on this stupid mission and almost had me caught by nine Angels. Then of course this happened." I gestured to the thin strip of exposed flesh on my right arm.

The Doctor raised both his eyebrows and came rushing over to my side. He took my arm and examined it before taking out his sonic screwdriver and scanning the laceration. If anything, that just genuinely pissed me off.

"They did this to you?" he question. I opened my mouth to shoot him down with a sarcastic answer, but he was still talking. "That's...well, fascinating. The Weeping Angels are such a cultured race, so why would they resort to violence?"

"They were dying," I answered him, losing the rage built up in inside me. He didn't mean any harm. He was just curious. So why not answer him and get this over with? "Some of them had broken wings, even. I guess they were desperate."

"Of course! Why must I be so dense sometimes?" the Doctor burst out, dropping my arm and turning quickly to look over the Angels. "It was too difficult for them to transport the humans because of the power they lacked, so they could only kill for food. Why hadn't I seen this before?"

I shook my head. This didn't add up. "Wait a second...you told me that the Weeping Angels only fed off the potential energy that humans left behind when they were sent into a different time. So why would they bother killing us?"

"You're half right. They're supposed to only feed off potential energy. But there is energy in humans. Enough energy to keep them alive. The only thing that doesn't make sense here is that they probably made more than enough kills tonight to throw you into a different time," He slowly turned on his heel to face me and looked me over from head to toe. "Why were they so intent on killing you directly, then?"