"Why don't we go and talk somewhere else." Umaima says as our husband started to talk about their jobs and give Sabih to Zahir. I nodded with a smile and take her to the kitchen. She sits on the stool by the counter and turned to look at me. 

"So, how are you doing?" She asked me. I shift on my place and avoid looking at her. I am not very good at talking to someone I didn't know, but something about her make me relax slightly. 

"I am sorry, I didn't mean to make you uncomfortable. It is just that, I don't have many friends here and our family shift back to their hometown so I am kind of alone here." She says. I sigh and look at the sadness in her eyes.

"You don't have to say sorry. You can come here whenever you want." I told her with a small smile making her smile as well and she started to tell me about herself. She born on other side of the country and when she was 4, her parents moved from their to Seattle. She and her husband went to same college and were together since then. When they graduate and get a good job they tell their parents and now here they are happily married.

"What about you and Aazim? When he came to our reception, he bring his first wife so I didn't know anything about you and honestly I wouldn't think of Aazim marrying for the second time." She says. I sigh and nodded, agreeing with her because I didn't think he would marry me. I thought he would regret me after that day, but he didn't and I know it is because of Sheila Aunty. 

"We are actually cousins." I paused and look at her. She can tell that I didn't want to talk about it, but I could tell that she wouldn't back down until she listen everything from me. 

"I know you don't want to take it, but you know it will relieve your stress and I can see how much you are stressed now." She says softly. I sigh and tell her everything from start to end. How I fall for Aazim and how he reject me for Sana and everything that happened almost a year ago.

"Don't cry everything will be okay. You should be happy that Aazim started to accept you as his wife." She says and stand beside me rubbing my shoulder. I nodded with a shaky smile. I didn't need anything. I just need him to accept me as his wife and give a small place in his heart. 

"Come on cheer up." She pulled my mouth upward making me smile. She returns the bright smile and went back to her seat.

"You know we should go on shopping some day. I stay at home taking care of Sabih and got bored when he sleeps." She complains. I nodded and shrugged, telling her about getting bored as well. This remind me to talk Aazim about rejoining my job.

We talk for almost an hour before our husband whined to be hungry and we set dinner. Aazim and Zahir did most of the talking and Sabih joined them by smacking the spoon on the table. Umaima tried to make him stop, but Aazim politely told her it was okay. I look at Aazim and saw him looking at Sabih with a soft look. I know Aazim love kids and he misses not having his own. 

After dinner, we went in the living room and eat dessert. Aazim insists to hold Sabih and gently hold him before continuing his conversation with his friend. When it was time for them to leave, we walk them out to the door and saw as they sit in their car and drove away.

"I need to talk to you about something important." I say as we went back inside. He turned to me and nodded. I shifted to my place and look down before looking up at him again. 

"Did something happen?" He asked when I stay silent. I shake my head with a nervous look. 

"Actually, my boss message me and asked me if I am going to continue my job or not. I just want to ask you if that is okay with you then can I join again?" I looked and waited for him to say something but he didn't. He looks like in deep thoughts and I sigh in defeat.

"I will email my resignation tomorrow morning." I was about to walk away but I feel something stopping me.

"You can join if you want. I have no problem with your job." Aazim says. I look down and saw his hand gripping mine. I look up at him again and saw him looking down at our hands. He slowly release my hand and take a step back.

"If you want I can drop you off." He offered making me smile slightly. I nodded and tell him that I will start from tomorrow before he went in his room. I went into mine and message my boss telling her that I will be joining from tomorrow. I get her reply that she will be waiting for me.

I used to be a assistant of an interior designer in a well known company. I was appointed as an intern in that company and my boss saw my interest she promotes me and make me her assistant.

I quickly change into my night clothes and lay in bed to get some sleep. I feel a smile on my lips as I think about how Aazim started to change himself for me.

--------------------------------------------------------

Update! I hope you all like it and let me know what you think about it.

I wanted to ask you all something. Do you want update weekly or any day would be fine. I find it a little hard to update very other day. But I am not sure if I would update more than a chapter in a week.

Also, I was thinking of choosing someone to play as Raina. Comment on the picture below who you want to see as Raina.

Minal Khan or Aiman Khan?

Next update will be of 'Meant To Be Together'

Thank you for your support. ☺

-Maddy.!