Blood Quills and Nose Bleeds

Start from the beginning

Ron sped towards the Quaffle, catching it just before it landed on the pitch. He blushed a deep scarlet as he pulled out of the drive messily, slipping sideways. Phoenix felt incredibly bad for Ron and was grateful that the twin's mouths remained shut tight.

"Pass it on, Ron," Angelina instructed, unperturbed.

Ron did as he was told and passed the Quaffle to Phoenix, who passed to Alicia, who passed to George, who made a spectacular display of catching the Quaffle, to which Phoenix rolled her eyes at.

"Hey, Potter! How's your scar feeling?" Phoenix could hear Malfoy drone. "Sure you don't need a lie down? It must be, what, a whole week since you were in the hospital wing, that's a record for you, isn't it?"

George threw the Quaffle to Angelina, who took Harry by surprise with a reverse-pass, but he was quick on his feet and caught the ball by the tips of his fingers. Fred and George let out an appreciative whoop. Harry threw the ball to Ron, who lunged for it determinedly and just missed it.

"Come on now, Ron," Angelina called impatiently as Ron went to retrieve the Quaffle once again. "Pay attention!"

They continued tossing the ball to one another, Fred had passed to Phoenix, who reverse-passed back to George, who passed to Ron, who caught it. He seemed so surprised and thrilled by catching the Quaffle, that he threw it hard at Phoenix. The throw had been so enthusiastic that the Quaffle flew straight through Phoenix's outstretched arms and smacked her painfully in the face.

"Ah, fuck!" Phoenix swore loudly, the Quaffle falling to the floor as her face throbbed in pain.

"Sorry!" Ron called, rushing over to Phoenix, his face glowing brightly. George too flew closer to his girlfriend, inspecting her face worriedly.

"Get back in position, she's fine!" Angelina snapped. "But as you're passing to a teammate, do try not to knock her off her broom, won't you? We've got Bludgers for that!"

Phoenix held her hand over her mouth as she felt liquid trickling from her nose. Her nose was bleeding, she felt the dark scarlet blood trickling down from her chin and she groaned. She despised blood. The Slytherins were roaring with laughter at the sight of Phoenix being smacked in the face with a Quaffle.

"Can I curse them?" Phoenix called to her captain, her hair as red as the blood trickling from her nose. "Please Angelina?"

Angelina ignored her.

"Here, take this," Fred said to Phoenix, holding out a small, purple sweet that he had pulled out of his pocket.

"Nosebleed Nougat by any chance?" Phoenix asked, taking the sweet and smiling at Fred.

"It'll clear up the bleeding in no time!"

Phoenix took Fred's word for it. At least, if the sweet killed her, the Quidditch team were her witnesses.

"Fred, George, go and get your bats and a Bludger. Ron, get up to the goalposts. Harry, release the Snitch when I say so. We're going to aim for Ron's goal, obviously."

Harry and the twins did as they were told, zooming off towards the ball crate.

"Why can't I curse them?" Phoenix asked Angelina, eyeing the Slytherins who were all pointing at Phoenix and sniggering.

"Because I don't want another member of my team in detention," Angelina replied shortly. "Though I'd love for you to wipe that ugly smile of Pansy's face."

"One day, Angelina, perhaps."

The twins and Harry had returned to the air. Angelina blew her whistle, calling for Harry to release the Snitch and the twins to release the Bludgers. Phoenix sped off with Alicia and Angelina, they passed the Quaffle between them expertly. Alicia narrowly avoided the Bludger, that Fred pelted towards the Slytherins, who all ducked in panic.