Fun Facts #1 - Music

Just a short little thing about me!

1. Favorite Sonata: The Piano Sonata No. 14 in C♯ minor aka "Quasi una fantasia", Op. 27, No. 2, aka the Moonlight Sonata by Ludwig van Beethoven

I'm actually learning this the same way Percy learns River Flows In You by Yiruma, because I don't know how to sight read. I've learned 45 seconds of it so far.

2. Favorite New Piano Piece: River Flows In You by Yiruma

This song reminds me of my sister, who was taught it by her best friend. I don't get to see her too often because she's off at college, so it's nice to hear just as a reminder.

3. Favorite Older Taylor Swift Song: The acoustic version of Haunted.

I love everything about it. Enough said.

4. Favorite Artist: Hayley Kiyoko

She's very inspiring. She has Japanese ancestry like me, and she's an out and proud member of the LGBTQ+ community. I think it's very important that we have people like her. Plus, her music is catchy, and the videos are cute. Halsey is a close second.

5. Favorite Vibe Song: It's a tie between Location by Khalid, and ocean eyes by Billie Eilish

Both are solid songs written by young artists with some amazing lyrics. And the vibesssss!

6. Favorite Ed Sheeran Song: Kiss Me or The A Team

Gosh, both songs are just so full of emotion - I love them so much.

7. A few songs I listen to on repeat: Replay by Zendaya, La La La ft. Sam Smith by Naughty Boy, Hold On by Chord Overstreet.

I'll start by saying that I love Zendaya as a person. She's just such an amazing person, and she's so aware. She's young and influential, and she uses it to be an outstanding role model. And she's so talented. I like Replay in particular because it's not only a catchy song, but it can be understood two ways - about an actual song, or a person.

I love La La La because it's true that sometimes, you just have to block out what people are saying, even if it's hard. Also, Sam Smith's voice is so good. 

Hold On is a song I listen to a lot because of the story that's told through it. It has a message that's easy to forget - that there's always someone who loves you, and who wants you in their life. And that's a message I want everyone to remember. Hold on, I still want you.