16. Breaking Apart

Start from the beginning

I shake my head weakly. Having no energy to fight Alex, I was forced to come here instead of my room, to my dismay.

And to make matter worse, Malfoy had been looking at me since we stepped inside the Great Hall so he probably notice I was crying.

Just great, I thought sarcastically.

"Here, some--"

"I've got no appetite, Alex. Can't you understand?" I snapped even though my voice come out hoarse and weak. Alex sighs and stay quiet as he feed himself with some fruits.

I lower my head even deeper to hide my tear streaked face. Laughter and curses filled my ears, but I couldn't enjoy the hype dinner, per usual.

I wonder how many times I felt like a total crap since coming here? Problem seems to follow me around since I came here. Even after one problem was solved, another arises.

"What's wrong with her?" I heard someone whisper to Alex.

"Just... something. It's none of your businness."

The person beside me, whom I guess was a junior, moved hastily when someone shooed them. In place of them, I caught the familiar faint mint fragrance.

"Are you okay?" Malfoy asked.

Geez, I've been getting too much Malfoy in a day.

"N-none of your businness." The moment I start talking, I regreted it. My voice was hoarse, pitched, and basicaly all over the place.

But Malfoy seems to take no notice of it as he leans his face closer to mine, his face only a few centimeter away from mine behind my hair.

"Maybe. But I'm worried. You seem fine until the last class." He put his hand on my forehead, making me flinch back and bump into Alex. "Are you sick? Do you need to go see Pomfrey?"

"The hell, man. Don't flirt with my sister so openly like that." One of Alex's hand grabs my shoulder and pulls me closer to him while the other push Malfoy away.

"I'm not flirting," Malfoy answered hotly.

"Like I could believe that. No one can get any closer to her more than 1 meter."

"What?!" Malfoy and I said stimulously. I break free from Alex's protective arm and scooted back until I felt Malfoy's shoulder bumping my back.

"That's impossible. What are you even thingking?" I ask, wiping a single tear that almost dried up on my cheeks.

"No, it's not." Alex stand up as he grab my wrist and pull me up. "As long as you just stick to me, it's enough."

Before I could protest, he pulled me out of the Great Hall. His long strides was making it harder for me to follow him as I had to walk faster just to caught up.

"What the bloody hell is wrong with you?!" I snapped and pull my hand from his clutch.

"All you need is me!" Alex stopped and turn to face me. "Associating yourself with others will only bring you sadness! Can't you see all I want is for you to be happy?!"

"But this is not the way! Am I not allowed to have friends?!"

"Yes!"

I stared at him for a long moment, my hands balled to a fist trembling at either side of me.

"Ah, is that so?" I said, looking down. I relaxed my hand and let out a sigh.

"See you later, Alex."

Maybe it's better to put some distance between us for now.

○ SP ○

Sighing, I peek from behind the corner's walls. Alex was standing a few feet away from me, surrounded by girls.

I've been wondering how Alex's doing after I flat out ignored him, but by the looks of it, he was doing fine.

At least, better than me.

I know expecting him to be down and depressed would be too much. But looking at him now, flirting with girls, honestly made me kind of sick.

Alex was never the playboy type to begin with. It was Fritz. Sure, he dated a few times in the past, but he never acted like this.

"What are you doing?"

I jumped at the voice from behind me. After I calm down, I turn to face the owner of the voice with a glare. "Bloody hell, can't you appear normally?"

Malfoy shrugs before he peeks from behind the wall I was hiding to look at Alex. "Didn't know he was the flirty type."

"Me neither. He never played around before." I sigh and walk away from the scene of Alex giving a peck on the cheek to an unknown girl. "And, he told me to stay away from boys, but he's the one being flirty around girls. Can you believe the nerve?"

Malfoy chuckles, which earn him a smack on the back from me. "Chill. He's probably tired."

"By the way, I haven't seen you with your boy friends since... I don't know, long ago. What happened?"

"Nothing," I said between clenched teeth. The memory of them, the one I thought I could trust with my life, being suspicious of me and hiding something just because I'm a Slytherin still hurts even after so long.

"Alice, your face doesn't say it's nothing. You can tell me."

I look up to find Malfoy smiling down at me. A smile I've never seen before. It was so sincere and soothing it was hard to believe he was the bully Draco Malfoy.

I sigh, giving up. Maybe I wouldn't feel so bad if I just told someone. "They were... suspicious. They didn't trust me anymore. All because I'm in Slytherin."

"Stop." Malfoy suddenly say. I turn to look at him, questioning his sudden interruption. "Let's look for somewhere quiet. I feel like this is going to be long. Longer than Dumbledore's beard."

I chuckled. "I see Mr. Malfoy had learned to joke around. But you're right. How about by the lake?"

"Yeah, sure."

As we walk, something hit me and I pull Malfoy to stop him from taking another step. "What is it?" He asked.

"Are we skipping class? Again?"

"Of course we are. Don't be such a scerdy cat and let's go."

A/N

DERPYMESS IS BACK AFTER ALMOST A MONTH OF HIATUS!!! YEAY!!!

Sorry for the sudden disappearance, hehehe.

I've been having a writers block, and also a slight mental breakdown after I lost on a big competition (and to my junior! T_T)

Anyway, I've got no excuses for this one. I'm just so, so, so sorry.

I don't think I can manage posting 1 chapter per week, so I hope you understand T_T

I love you, and please continue to support Slytherin' Princess :)

P.s I noticed we've got 300 readers already! Yeay! Thank you so much!!