one

*Amia's POV*

"Thanks for coming in today, Amia. I know it's your off-day but I'll make sure to give you extra on your pay." My boss expressed. I nodded while showing a fake smile at him.

"No problem, thank you." I clapped my hands together and he walked out of my office. As soon as the door shut I sighed and quickly packed my belongings. Another long, busy day and I wasn't even supposed to be at work. At least it's the weekend now. My co-worker, Gina called in sick and couldn't work, but they needed another person so they chose me. It's the fact that this is the second time this has happened. She used the exact same excuse, too. I'm not petty so I won't tell anyone anything but this has to stop some day. I waved goodbye to some of my co-workers before leaving the clinic. I stepped outside and was immediately surprised at the sight.

"Why you looking like that?" Jordan laughed, he was carrying a large bouquet of pink roses and matching balloons.

"What are you doing here?" I asked, staring him down.

"I wanted to apologize." He frowned. I just looked at him disappointingly.

Last week, Jordan was in Cleveland, Ohio. He was traded from the Los Angeles Lakers to the Cleveland Cavaliers in early February. They have a game tonight at Staples Center against the Los Angeles Clippers, it starts in two hours and I have no idea why he isn't doing warm-ups or whatever it is they do before their games.

Last week was also when we had our argument over the phone. He was with another woman, and he thought I wouldn't find out. I don't know why I put up with him anymore, but he's always been my entire life- since we first met in San Antonio. I think I'm insane for staying with him after all of the mayhem we've been through.

"Don't you have something else to do?" I asked, now avoiding eye contact with him.

"Mia. For the thousandth time, I'm sorry."

"It's still hard to believe that."

"It's hard to believe?" He repeated, gripping the balloons tighter and placing the roses on the hood of his Porsche. "If it was hard to believe I wouldn't be here right now. Amia, I have a game today. I'm not supposed to be here trying to fix things with you, but I am... because I love you." He said the last part softly. My mind was so confused right now, I didn't know what to say.

"Mia I know why you feel this way, but please. I apologized, I learned my mistake. What else do you want from me?" He continued.

We stood there for some time longer, just silently looking at each other. I watched as he turned around and started cursing under his breath, throwing everything in the trunk of his car.

"Jordan, you don't have t-"

"I don't have to what? Tell me, Amia." He interrupted me.

"I accept your apology, it's okay."

"...I promise this won't happen again." He hesitated.

"Don't do stupid shit anymore, then. I swear, this is just me being nice right now. Next time it won't be like this." I grabbed his arms and wrapped them around me.

"Okay, I get it." He smiled sheepishly. He kissed me but I moved my face so he kissed my cheek. He just laughed, knowing it was what he deserved.

"I really gotta go. I'ma drop this stuff at your house, hopefully I won't get yelled at by Coach Lue."

We got in our separate cars and he followed me to my house, where he put everything in my living room. Balloons, flowers, gift bags, it was all so cute. I sat on the sofa and opened a few of my gifts, just shocked at everything he got for me.

I really hope Jordan doesn't screw up after this, because he's the perfect boyfriend when he's really trying. If I could go inside his mind just to see what he was thinking that day I would.

Jordan changed so much since high school and college. He wasn't around so many women because he was always with me or his friends. It makes me think, if he was never an NBA star would he be acting this way?

"Babe?" He called. I snapped out of my thoughts and he was standing over me.

"Sorry, I was thinking."

"About?" He questioned.

"It's a long story... I don't wanna keep you from your game. Go out there and put up numbers, I'll be watching it from here." He looked at me strangely.

"Alright, Mia. Just for you." He bent down and kissed my forehead. "I'll be back around 9." I stood up and followed him to the front door.

"Okay. Good luck." I smiled.

He smiled back before shutting the door and I locked it behind him.

If only he was still the same.