I Sold My Soul to the Devil, Now He Wants My Heart

I sold my soul to the devil, now he wants my heart

The story starts out with me, Willow Greene, getting rejected by the "it" boy. His name, which I know so well, is Emerson Moore. He was of course the boy that ever girl swoons over, including me. He had so many admirers to choose from that I don't even know why I thought I had a chance but for some reason, I did. So I worked up the guts to ask him out. Now, I know I sound so pathetic right now and it gets worse but normally I wasn't the boy crazy type. Emerson however, was an exception. I don't even know what it was about him, we had barely ever exchanged a simple hello. But something about him was irresistible, which after many months of oodling leads us to where we are now. Our conversation went as followed.

"Hi Emerson."

"Hey..."

"Yeah well I was wondering if you wanted to go out sometime?" He stared at me for a while thinking. What he did next crushed me. He laughed. In my face and out loud for everyone to hear. "Why would I go out with a loser like you?" He said between those heart crushing laughs.

He called me a loser, I thought shaking. I didn't even bother saying anything else. I just ran. All the way back to my house which was at least a mile away. I didn't even care that I could barely breath or that I couldn't feel my legs. All I could think about was what he said over and over as I cried.

By the time I made it up the stairs and into my bedroom I was a total and utter mess. Inside and out. I was so occupied feeling sorry for myself that I didn't even see the guy lurking in the corner of my room, almost invisible unless you looked directly at him. "I would do anything if he wanted me!" I screamed into my pillow. "Do you hear me god?" The dark figure chuckled a loud deep laugh. "No, but I hear you loud and clear." He said.

I looked up, confused. I thought I was hearing things. "Who is there?" I asked.

"Me." He said stepping out of the shadows in the corner.

If I wasn't as scared as I was, I would have noticed the way his shaggy chocolate brown hair fell onto his large gray eyes. Or how nice his body looked in his jeans and red shirt. Or even how he looked around 17, my age. And of course I would have noticed how breathtakingly handsome he was. But that was not that case, so I noticed none of these things.

Because the reality was, a strange dude was in my room. That's scary

The scream was loud and high pitched, coming from my mouth.

"Who the hell are you?" I yelled.

"I"m Caleb." He stated simply, "and I can give you what you want."

"I don't even know you?" I screeched.

"But that's okay because I know you. You are Willow Greene, and I want to help you not rape you." He insisted, walking closer.

The closer he came the more I pushed myself into the wall, trying to flee.

"Then why did you sneak into my house?"

"I didn't break in, if thats what you mean. I materialized here and I would apriciate it if you would calm down." He said still staying calm and quiet. Well, not only did a crazy man break into my home but he also is on drugs.

"Get the hell out before I call the police!" I screamed.

"Like they could do anything," he chuckled as he came straight up to me. I was pressed up against my wall tightly and there was no where to go. He came closer and grabbed my arms. I tried to squirm away but he was stronger then me by far. He pulled me close into an embrace like position and whispered in my ear "calm down."

And boy, was I calm. All of a sudden every muscle in my body relaxed, to the point where I couldn't move. I couldn't even talk.

"Now listen Willow, I really am here to help. You were broadcasting emotions like a radio and I came because emotions like that bring me in like a fly. I can make a deal with you, Willow. I can give you what you wanted." He leaned forward and brushed his finger across my lips, suddenly bringing my mouth back to life.

"You're crazy." I whispered, even though I know he heard me.

He smiled. "You're probably right, but thats not the point. What I'm telling you is the truth. If you give me what I want, you can have Mr. Emerson Moore's love."

"And how, pray tell, would you give me that?" I retorted, chuckling. This guy really was nuts.

"Easy" he said, "I will use my powers or you probably would call it magic. But I need something from you."

"And what's that, Mr. Magic?"

"Only your soul." He said, nonchalantly. This guy was such a joke I decided to humour him.

"Fine have my soul." I said laughing, still taking his "deal" as joke.

"Well, now that we have a deal let us proceed," He said while lifting his arm. With a quick push, he shoved his hand onto my chest and through it.

I wouldnt be able to fully explain the feeling, even if I tried. It was like someone was ripping the skin off of me, only inside my body instead of outside.

I screamed and he pulled his hand out of me. In the palm of his hand was a little blue light. I gasped. "No!" I screamed as he lifted his palm to his mouth and swallowed the light whole.

It wasn't a joke. He really did take my soul. Suddenly, I felt very stupid for not taking him seriously but what person would? A tear fell down my cheek but he wiped it away.

"No worries, love. You didn't really lose your soul I just moved it. If anything its a good deal, now you get that boy. What was his name... Emerson, yeah!" To tell the truth that didn't part didn't really bother me. Until that is, the realization hit me.

"I just sold my soul to the devil." I whispered, speechless.

Caleb grinned. " The devil, ehh?"

"Shit." I said.

"Don't worry, it isn't nearly as bad as it sounds." He smiled one last time before bending down and kissing me lightly on the lips. Suddenly, I could move again and I had the urge to punch him in the face. But when I blinked, he was gone.