Chapter Ten

Peter quietly flew up to a ship that he'd seen floating just a little bit off shore. He saw Queen Clarion sitting in a glass lantern case, dangling above the water. "Tink, you and your friends go into hiding. If something goes wrong, try to get her out and get as far away as you can." Tink nodded before she and the girls hid. Peter crept into the deck, his eyes constantly watching for a potential ambush. "Well, what do we have here? A little boy?" Peter glared as a raven haired man emerged from a doorway. Tinkerbell, Fawn, Rosetta, Iredessa, Silvermist and Vidia recognized the man. "Is that James? The pirate who tried to drown Zarina?" Fawn asked. Tinkerbell took one look and instantly knew it was him. "Who are you?" Peter asked, for any other child to have been slightly terrified, he was standing there as if this was normal to him. "Captain James Hook, at your service." Hook studied Peter, taking in every detail. "Hmm...strong muscles, apparent good health, you have the makings of a born sailor. Ever wanted to be a pirate, boy?" "No, thank you." "Well, if you won't join my crew then I will just have to kill you!" "Peter, look out!" Tink yelled as James brought his sword at him. Peter blocked it easily, he stood there amazed at his sudden reflexes and a new surge of instincts. Peter battled the pirate with the skill of a master swordsman. Tinkerbell and the others kept the crew at bay. "Who are you, boy?" Hook asked as he made one last lunge at Peter. But he faltered, and Peter swung his sword, slicing the pirates left hand off and into the jaws of a hungry crocodile. "The name is Peter. Peter Pan." Hook roared in pain as he staggered, cutting the rope holding the lantern case up. Queen Clarion screamed as she fell into the water. "No!" Peter quickly jumped over the side, and dove down after her. Peter motioned for Clarion to hold her breath, before he opened the lantern and swam for the surface, keeping the fairy cupped against him the whole time. "I don't see them." Fawn said. "You don't think they-?" Iredessa uttered when Peter suddenly broke the surface. "There they are!" Vidia cried. "I'll get you for this Pan, if it's the last thing I do!" Hook yelled. Peter flew off, feeling like that he would not see the last of Captain James Hook.