[6] Sleep - Can't Wake Up

Magsimula sa umpisa

Tyler was going to be super surprised.

And hopefully not in a bad way.

I slipped on my shoes quickly and brushed out my hair before walking downstairs.

Evan looked up surprised and his mouth dropped open in shock.

I shuffled uneasily under his gaze. "How do I look?" I asked hesitantly and he shook his head slightly.

"You're going on a date, aren't you?"

 I blushed and shrugged, looking away. "Sorry." I mumbled, feeling a little bit ashamed of not telling him. He laughed.

"Don't worry about it, I'm just glad you're making friends."

I smiled slightly at that. "But remember what I told you about protection," He added a second later, and I felt my face heating up in embarrassment, trying not to choke on air.

"Uh, yeah.." I nodded quickly, and the bell rang causing me to sigh in near relief as I walked over to the door and answered it. 

Tyler was grinning, but it went away the moment he saw me and his mouth dropped open, eyeing me up and down almost hungrily.

I blushed under his gaze, shuffling uncomfortably, but I couldn't help but do the same.

He was wearing a blue t-shirt with some sort of band that I didn't know labeled across the top of it. Dark jeans clung to his legs, showing off his attractive figure, and his blonde hair swooped gorgeously. 

Overall, it was one of the most attractive sights I had ever seen.

I quickly looked away before my body could be seen and grinned. "Hey."

He stuck his tongue out, the gesture only making him appear more attractive. "Hey," he laughed and looked like he was about to say something else when a hand landed on my shoulder, causing me to grimace.

Oh, great, bring on the drama.

"Hello Jasper, mind introducing me to your friend?" Asked Brandon from behind me and I found myself having to force a tight smile.

"This is Tyler," I muttered, and turned around to face him. Don't get me wrong, I like Brandon and everything, but if Tyler didn't come across as absolutely perfect, Brandon would castrate him.

Tyler offered a genuine smile, and held out his hand to Brandon who took it, and by the look of pain on Tyler's face, my guess was that he was crushing his hand. 

I glared at Brandon, and he barely took note, pulling his hand away with a strong glare, folding his arms across his chest. "Where are you going?" He demanded and Tyler blinked, obviously unused to parents being so... well, vicious.

"It was supposed to be a surprise," Tyler stated hesitantly, sending me a hopeless look, and I turned a pleading gaze to Evan, who gently pushed Brandon away from the door.

Brandon grunted, rolling his eyes. "You'd better not do anything to Jasper," He stated in a 'or else' sort of way, and stalked off, causing me to actually sigh in relief. For a second I thought he was actually going to hit Tyler.

Tyler smiled heisitantly at Evan, and Evan simply smiled politely. "Sorry about that, Brandon's just a little... protective." He cleared his throat and held out his own hand. "I'm Evan, Jasper's foster dad, in case you haven't guessed already."

Tyler nodded, laughing a bit, and shook his hand. "Tyler."

Evan suddenly gripped his hand painfully, and smiled sweetly. "If you hurt my Jasper, I will cut off what you have in your pants myself, understood?" Before waiting for an answer he released his hand and sent me a heart warming grin.