one

"Bella, get your ass down here," my father called from downstairs. Before he spoke, I laid in bed, comfortable and felt like I wasn't being bothered.

I made my way down the stairs, scared of what was coming at me. Once I reached the bottom of the stairs, I immediately started to cry.

"Shut the hell up with all of that noise," my father yelled, and I just continued to cry.

I backed away, even though I was used to his voice being raised, but I already knew what was about to happen.

He extended his hand backwards, and hit me across the face.

I placed my hand where he hit me on my face as it was aching with pain. My legs started shaking, and that's when I knew my anxiety was building up.

I looked at him with horror, and wiped my tears.

"Why do you always do this to me?" I cried, my words coming out softly.

"You remind me of your mother, always thinking you could get out of everything but guess what, life isn't what you expect, and she's not here to save you from me anymore," he said,

"Life isn't what I expected cause you're still here beating on your own damn daughter," I raised my voice, as my crying ceased. He glared at me as I finished my sentence. I instantly regretted saying that, because I knew he was just going to slap me again.

He slapped me harder this time.

I started crying again.

"Don't talk to me that way," he gave a stern look, I only looked at him with my tears still going down my cheeks.

I walked back upstairs, tuning his arguments out. He always would keep the conversation going with all the threats, name calling, and hurtful words that did more damage to me.

I locked my door and laid on my bed, wishing that I could just die right now, at this very moment.

As my tears started to slow, I finally became sleepy. I was happy that I was about to end this hurtful day, not much different than any other days.

I stared at the ceiling, thinking how my life would be like if my mother was still here. She would protect like the old times, always having to protect me from my abusive father.

I looked at the ceiling, my eyes getting mesmerized by it. My ceiling had glowing stars that glowed when the room was dark, which reminded me about heaven and my mother who is now in a beautiful place.

A tear slipped as I trailed off to sleep.