Prologue

The Collins family always seemed to have the ability to be in the wrong place at the wrong time whenever it came to anything paranormal. When the first generation of Collins' realized they could use this skill to make sure the dead stayed dead, they begun to hunt. The Collins' name became renowned with that of brave ghost hunters and valiant heroes.

This is how every generation of Collins lived their lives; hunt dead things and then die yourself. That was until the third most recent generation.
 After a particularly life-threatening encounter with a pair of curtains, a misplaced skateboard, and a particularly angry spirit, Parker Collins swore that he would never let his descendants go through anything of the variety again. He quit the hunting business and settled down to have a family of his own. Parker wanted nothing more to do with the supernatural and set out to make the Collins legacy one of normalcy. It was on this principle that Parker brought up his son, Peter, who had never encountered anything even mildly ghostlike for the majority of his life. 

One fateful day, Peter became a father. As he held the small newborn girl in his arms, he vowed to make sure she was raised well and kept safe. The day he and his wife left the hospital was the day that vow was broken, for there was no way Peter could know what the future held for the small miracle clutching tightly to her mother's shirt.
Not in a million years would Peter suspect that his tiny flailing daughter would be the reason that he encountered his first ghost nor the reason that he would ever question whether any of the old ghost stories his father told him were really just stories.