I wanted a mate really badly. I saw all my friends with their mates. It got me quite jealous sometimes. They always had each other, and sometimes it felt like I had no one.

I wanted somebody who could hold me. Who could cherish me and tell me everything's going to be alright when times are tough. I wanted my mate.

Dad came with our food and we all ate. We talked about Aunt Trisha's home and all the places we could visit when we went to her.

My parents and I got along very well. They were like my best friends. I had no siblings either, so the only people I could talk to in my family were my parents. My mom looked a lot like me. We had the same light brown hair and blue eyes. My dad had blonde hair and his eyes were a bright green.

Mom's purse was on the table and I saw the corner of my diary peeking out from it. I told mom to keep it in her purse when we were on the train. Nobody could enter my diary because it had a lock on it. I wrote everything inside my diary. I started when I was ten and I haven't stopped since.

I should probably write what happened so far in it right now, I thought. Why not? But I needed a quiet place. Maybe I could go into the woods that I saw while we were walking?

"Guy's can I go explore the woods? I need to do some writing." I told them, hoping that they would give me permission.

My mom started to object, but my dad cut her off. "Sure Raven, Just-"

"Be safe, I know." I smiled.

"If any danger comes, shift immediately." Mom told me.

"Okay." I replied. I grabbed the diary and headed out the door. I wanted to shift but I couldn't ruin the clothes and I couldn't carry them and the diary in my mouth if I shifted. I walked to the forest.

As I entered, I smelt the damp dirt and something else that was mixed in it. What was it? It smelt masculine and... heavenly. I recognized it as a werewolf scent but it was something else too. There's probably another werewolf in the forest.

I shrugged it off and started walking. After a while I came into a opening. The grass was greener here and I made out a swing set and a slide that was located in the middle of the opening. This was some sort of a park. But why was it all the way in the forest? Maybe it was a park for the little pups in this area? Maybe.

There were no other people around, which I found strange.

I found a bench to sit on. Instantly, I started writing in my diary. I wrote about my experience so far, my thoughts and my feelings.

Snap.

I frowned. What was that? I turned around to see... nothing. No one was there. But I was sure I heard the sound of a foot snapping a branch on the ground.

I wanted to continue writing but I couldn't just leave it alone. Mom and dad always taught me to be cautious. If something seemed wrong, I would have to investigate.

I locked my diary and slipped the key in my front pocket. Time to see if somebody was in the forest, possibly watching me.

I sniffed the air again and practically moaned when the sweet scent came to my nose. There it was again. What kind of a werewolf can smell so amazing?

Wait... the scent seems closer this time. How close is this werewolf? I decided to find out. I ran to where I heard the twig snap.

Suddenly my hands were grabbed and restrained behind my back. Oh my god. I tried to scream but a hand clasped on my mouth.