Chapter 2

Chapter 2

Amber

"No way..." I gasp.

We're surrounded by wolves! Why didn't I notice that before? I look at my cousin. 'Why did you bring me here?' I think to myself. It must have come out in my facial expression because she just shrugs and gives me a weak smile. I am beyond pissed off at her. She knows that wolves and foxes don't mix!

"Babe, is there something wrong?"

Finally I have a really good look at the wolf, and something inside of me starts to scream. I have never felt like this before, somehow I am tempted to throw my hands around this fleabag. He has dark brown hair and very light blue eyes, but when mine are warm, his are as cold as ice. Overall, he does not look that bad - actually, he looks quite good - but that still doesn't make a difference, as he is a wolf and foxes do not mix with wolves. He looks unsure and confused, but I remind myself that he doesn't know I'm a fox. I turn to my cousin, as she is talking to the other wolf.

"I'm leaving!" I get up in front of her and start to walk away.

"Babe, where are you going?" I just ignore him until I reach the exit.

Stepping out of the club, the cold wind instantly hits me. Great, I left my jacket inside. I turn around to find him standing there. Even better.

"Babe..." he starts, making me snap.

"Don't 'babe' me. I am not your babe!"

I start to walk without my jacket, but as I'm doing, I can hear him behind me. "He must definitely be stalking me. I mean, it's not like I have a great personality, it's just my looks that are attracting him to me," I tell myself. I wrap my arms around myself to try and keep myself from freezing, until I suddenly feel a large jacket on my shoulders. I look up and he's staring at me with a look of pure wonder. He's really tall standing up. I take it off my shoulders and immediately I feel colder than ever.

"Here, I don't need it," I lie, handing back the jacket.

"Keep it, you're freezing," he says, stepping closer to me.

I can feel myself losing control; something is wrong with me - I feel like my heart's about to burst, and when he takes my hand, it's like sparks are now flying there. It almost hurts. I'm lost in my thoughts and don't notice that he's put the jacket back on my shoulders and we are walking back, into the club.

"Why did you bring me back?"

"I don't want you to wander around in the cold weather," he explains. He keeps me close and pulls me along as he walks past various people, including pushing past a group of middle-aged drunk men. One of them grabs hold of my free hand.

"Why don't you lose the boy and be with a man?" the balding man yells over the music.

Without warning, the wolf punches the creep straight in the jaw. Blood gushes from his mouth as I feel myself being pulled away; I can feel him shaking with rage as he holds my hand. We enter a back room and he lets go.

"You really need anger management classes," I state.

Without saying anything, he suddenly kisses me. My mind goes blank as he deepens the kiss. I can tell that he's possessive by the way he's holding me firmly in place. Without thinking I put my arms around his neck and pull him closer. He picks me up and I wrap my legs around his waist.

"I don't even know your name," I say, gasping for air.

"It's Jack." I can feel him smiling as he kisses my neck.

"Nice to meet you. I'm Amber."

Jack

"Amber... it has a nice ring to it," I say.

I must be grinning like an idiot right now. She feels just right in my arms and I can't believe I've found my mate. They're very hard to find and some wolves never even do. I'm sure my pack will welcome her with open arms - well, they better. It is a little unusual for an alpha to have a human for a mate, but I don't care, because she's perfect. My wolf is even doing backflips in my mind. Words can't express my happiness.

"There they are!" My best friend appears with the redhead.

Amber pulls away from me instantly. Fuck. I should have locked the door.

"Amber, why did you leave me alone like that?" the redhead whines.

"Not everything's about you," my girl says, irritated.

Seriously, the bimbo's getting annoying. I'm about to throw them out of the room when Zico turns to me and nods in understanding.

"Eva, let me get you another drink," he says to the bimbo.

When Eva and Zico leave the room, there's a long, awkward pause.

"Well, it was nice meeting you." She breaks the silence and heads towards the door. I step in front of her and stop her from leaving.

"Where are you going?"

"I'm tired and I want to go home," she says.

"Okay, I'll take you home."

She nods in agreement and we head out of the room. There's not many people in the club now that it's near closing time. My pack watches as I lead Amber out the back door. I guide her to my car and open the door for her.

"Wait, I forgot my jacket," She says, yawning after.

"I'll get it. Wait in the car."

She hands me a wardrobe number from her purse, so I take it and she closes the car door. Inside I see Zico with the redhead, Eva. I go to the wardrobe where Kristina is looking for some other guy's jacket. I wave her over and hand her the wardrobe number. She quickly finds Amber's red leather jacket and waves goodbye to me. When I get back to the car Amber's sleeping in the passenger seat. I guess I'll take her home with me now. I am grinning from ear to ear, just like a Cheshire cat.