Imagine I: Nigel Bottom x reader

Comenzar desde el principio

"Aw, come on, Y/N," Bea laughed, nudging you in your rib cage. "It's about time you got yourself a man! And Nigel is a pretty good catch, wouldn't ya say?"

"My God, are you guys drunk or something?"

"No, just...giddy, is all!"
"If that's what you call it..." you mutter as Bea and Nick exit the kitchen.

The next moments were filled with utterly painful, non-eventful silence. Nigel's face was still burning, and the only thing which could be heard was the sound of the breaths making their way out of your chests.

"Oh my God, I am so sorry!" Nigel burst out, finally breaking the excruciating silence. It sounded like he was on the verge of tears, and you could feel a twinge in your heart at hearing your friend sound so upset. "I don't know why they were acting like that, I really don't! But it was so embarrassing and totally unacceptable and I'm just so sorry you had to go through that!"

"Woah, woah Nigel. Stop and take a breath," You laughed, placing your hand on his arm.

"I'm sorry."

"Hey, it's okay. He's your older brother; he's gonna embarrass you. It's, like, his JOB."

"Yeah, I guess..."

"I really did like what you wrote, though," you said, your hand still resting on his arm. "It was really sweet."

"Oh, ha...thanks. But, if you're wondering whether or not stuff like that is going to make its way into our play, it isn't. Nick is hell bent on making it about eggs, for some reason...and he doesn't think that the stuff like what I read you has a place in it."

"Um, eggs?"

"Yeah, it sounds ridiculous, doesn't it? He insists that it's the right thing to do, and it'll make us famous and whatever." Nigel rolled his eyes.

"Well, I don't think you should worry about following some stupid theme," you said. "You should focus on writing from your heart; writing what you believe to be right. Because, at the end of the day, writing what you believe to be true in the bottom of your heart is really what matters, isn't it?"

"Yeah, I guess you're right..."

"Ha, I know I am," you said, making an attempt to be coy. "I've always been rather partial to this line, myself..."

"What line?"

"Sure as the day, follows the night... Sure as the sky turns to blue. This much I know, this much is true, above all else in whatever you do..."

Nigel's eyes lit up, recognizing the words which were escaping your mouth. Eagerly, he interjected, joining you in finishing the final lines of his own writing:

"To thine ownself, be true..."

"That's one of the things I wrote..."

"Yeah, I know. It's one of the most beautiful things I've ever heard," you gushed.

"Gee, really?"

"Yeah. Really."

You stared at each other, both of your faces glowing.

"So, um..." Nigel said, attempting to bring up yet another less-than-temporary silence breaker.

Before he could finish his sentence, you planted a kiss on his cheek, getting up from your spot on the floor afterwards.

"It's getting pretty late, Nig. I think I should be heading home now. My father'll hit the roof if I miss curfew."

"Oh, uh, okay," Nigel said, his hand absentmindedly rising to his cheek, resting gently on the place where the kiss lay. "Do you want me to walk you home?"

"No, I'll be fine by myself, thank you. Although, if you would like to come over for dinner some time...say, maybe, Friday night at 8:00 o'clock, I wouldn't be too objected to that."

"I'd love that. But, I'd have to check to make sure it's okay with my brother first," he replied jokingly.

"Okay, well, once you get that ever crucial okay, let me know. I'll be waiting."

Nigel opened the door for you, a stupid grin on his face as he nodded. You walked out the open door and turned around, blowing Nigel one final kiss before you descended into the dark streets of London.

As he shut the door, his heart was fluttering wildly about his chest, as if it were an ansty bird in its cage lusting to escape and fly through the open air.

This feeling would soon be replaced, however, upon his discovery that Nick and Bea had been spying on him and Y/N, and had born witness to every moment which had just occurred between the two of them.

Of course, perhaps this meant that Nick would be more willing to allow his baby brother to attend dinner with her on Friday night.