Imagine I: Nigel Bottom x reader

"Aw, come on Nigel! Just read it to me!"

"No way, Y/N! You're just gonna make fun of it like you always do!"

You were sitting on the floor of the Bottom brothers' home, your legs crossed and a book of poetry in your hands. A look of dismay crossed your face. "I promise that I won't, Nigel. I really want to hear what you've written as of late. After all, didn't you say that you and Nick were writing a musical together?"

"Omelette the Musical!" Nick chirped from his spot at the dining table. 

"Well, yeah...but what I've written lately isn't for the musical...it's for a girl that I know," Nigel replied, his voice growing quieter and his cheeks growing pink. "I don't think either of you really want to hear it."

"Yes, we do, Nigel. Come on, just read it!"

"Yeah, go on, little bro. Let's hear it," Nick encouraged. 

"Okay, fine. But don't judge it, okay?"

"We won't judge, we promise. Right, Y/N?"

"Yeah, Nigel. We promise."

"Okay," Nigel said, opening up his book of poems. His cheeks still growing pinker, he cleared his throat and began to read aloud what we thirsted to hear so badly:

If love is a sickness, then find me no cure. For 'tis only love that I know to be pure...

"Oh my gosh, Nig! That's adorable!" Bea gushed, turning away from the pot of stew that she was working on cooking for that night's supper. 

"Damn, she's right, Nigel. Who did you write that for?" you ask, secretly hoping that the answer was your name. 

"It's just for some girl that I know, that's all," Nigel replied, shutting the book in his hands. 

"Ugh, please  don't tell me it's for that puritan," Nick scoffed, his voice filled with disgust. 

"Actually, no, Nick. It isn't."

"Then who's it for, Nigel?"

Nigel remained silent, but sneaked a quick glance at you with his rosy cheeks. You could gradually feel your cheeks beginning to warm up as well. 

"Oh, bro..." Nick laughed, realizing who the poem was written for. 

"SHUT UP!!!" Nigel exclaimed, hitting Nick on the head with the book. 

"OW! What the hell, Nigel?"

"God, just shut up, will you?!" 

"Jesus, you two, calm down!" You interjected, placing a hand on each of the two men's chests. Nigel looked down at your hand, his face once again beginning to turn pink. You could feel his heartbeat beneath your palm, quickening gradually with each passing moment. Removing your hand from Nick's chest, you kept your hand on Nigel's, allowing it to dwindle. 

"Uh, Bea? Maybe we should leave these two alone for a while," Nick said with a wink, standing up from his place at the table. 

"Oh, Nick. Don't tease them," Bea said, lightly pointing her spoon at him. "But, I suppose you're right. I'll extinguish the fire, and finish the soup later. Allowing true love to bloom is a bit more important than eating, after all."

"I can't tell if you're being sarcastic or not, honey."

"I partly am, but I partly am not. Either way, let's just get out of here and allow these two some privacy."

"Guys, this really isn't necessary," You say, your cheeks growing hot. Nigel was holding his head in his hands, quite clearly overwhelmed with embarrasment over how his brother and sister-in-law were acting.