Prefects: Year 5/Summer

Comincia dall'inizio

"No. It's Ron, not me," Harry shook his head quickly, handing the badge over to the redhead.

"It -- " Hermione blinked, "what?"

"Ron's prefect, not me," Harry repeated, his green eyes dark.

"Ron? But... are you sure? I mean -- " Hermione began, looking completely and utterly shocked.

Ron suddenly straightened his posture, remarking loudly, "It's my name on the letter."

"I.... I well... wow!" Hermione seemed to recover, her cheeks now pink from embarrassment rather than joy. "Well done, Ron! That's really -- "

"Unexpected," George finished, nodding.

Amisty slapped his arm.

"No, no, it's not..." Hermione shook her head furiously, going red. "Ron's done loads of... he's really..."

She was saved from the awkwardness, thankfully, as Mrs. Weasley pushed the door open with an armful of fresh robes.

"Ginny said the booklists had come at last. If you give them to me I'll take them over to Diagon Alley this afternoon and get your books while you're packing," Mrs. Weasley told them, sorting out the robes. "Ron, I'll have to get you more pajamas, these are at least six inches too short, I can't believe how fast you're growing... what color would you like?"

"Get him red and gold to match his badge," George replied slyly, opening his mouth before Ron could even get a word in.

"Match his what?" Mrs. Weasley, completely absorbed in folding her laundry.

"His badge. His lovely shiny new prefect's badge," Fred elaborated, rolling his eyes and putting quite a bit of excess drama into his tone.

Mrs. Weasley paused.

"His... but... Ron, you're not...?"

Ron showed her his badge, a small smile tugging at the corner of his mouth.

She shrieked, "I don't believe it! I don't believe it! Oh, Ron, how wonderful! A prefect! That's everyone in the family!"

"What are Fred and I, next-door neighbors?" George exclaimed scathingly as he got shoved out of the way as Mrs. Weasley rushed to embrace Ron and pressing kisses all over his face.

"Wait until your father hears!" She beamed, completely ignoring George. "Ron, I'm so proud of you, what wonderful news, you could end up Head Boy just like Bill and Percy, it's the first step! Oh, what a thing to happen in the middle of all this worry, I'm just thrilled, oh Ronnie -- "

Amisty's lip twitched.

Fred and George were pretending to vomit behind Mrs. Weasley, and even though she didn't want to admit it she couldn't help but find the whole situation funny.

For Merlin's sake, Ron was redder than she had ever seen him!

"Mum... don't... Mum, get a grip..." He muttered, plainly embarrassed as he struggled to push her away.

"Well, what will it be? We gave Percy an owl, but you've already got one, of course," She asked, stepping back.

He stared at her, mouth slightly open, "W-what do you mean?"

"You've got to have a reward for this! How about a nice new set of dress robes?" Mrs. Weasley suggested, positively glowing.

"We've already bought him some," Fred piped up, a bitter expression on his face.

"Or a new cauldron, Charlie's old one's rusting through, or a new rat, you always liked Scabbers -- " Mrs. Weasley began.

"Mum," He seemed hesitant to continue, but his expression was hopeful, "can I have a new broom?"