Chapter 7 - Christmas Eve

Start from the beginning

"It's so much fun!" I thought as we were having a lively conversation.

Minutes later, we decided to do an impromptu exchange gifts. We draw lots, buy gifts and exchange them at our meeting place.

Not long after that, I found myself walking along the road, looking from one store to another. One thing that I always noticed was that couples were seen everywhere.

"Like everyyyywhereeeee....."

Well, Christmas is the time for couples, afterall.

Suddenly, something caught my eyes.

"This is it! The perfect gift!!!" I exclaimed in my mind and hurriedly went into the store to buy it.

I rushed to the meeting place and saw that the guys were already there.

"Took you long enough," Semi-san told me and I just apologized.

"Now then, who wants to go first?" Ohira-san asked.

"Me," Yamagata-san volunteered. "Then the recipient will give his gift and so on, right?"

"Yup! That's right," Satori responded.

"Alright," Yamagata-san said as he started to walk towards his recipient.

Before heading our ways to buy the presents, we already drew lots. Thus, we knew who will be the one receiving a gift from us.

"Here you go," Yamagata-san said to me as he gave me the gift.

"Eh?" I didn't expect this.

"Oohhh... F/n-chan receives the first one! Open it, open it!" Satori was more excited than me.

I opened the bag and saw a white beanie.

"Wow! Thanks, Yamagata-san!" I told him as I wore it.

It was my turn to give a gift. I gave mine to Ohira-san and it was a mug with a nice design.

Ohira-san gave Ushijima-san an earmuffs and eyemasks. He said it would help the ace to sleep better.

Ushijima-san gave Yamagata-san a pair of gloves. He said it would help him against the cold.

And with that, it was already a given that Satori and Semi-san ended up exchanging gifts for each other.

"Now, now! Don't be shy! Exchange them at the same time!" I teased them.

"Okay, okay! Geez!" they both reacted. "H-Here you go!" they both stuttered as they gave the gifts to each other.

"Pfft!" I chuckled as I watched them open the presents.

"Socks?" Semi-san reacted.

"Yeah. It'll warm you up since you often get cold feet," Satori teased him and succeeded in annoying him. Looking at the gift he received, the redhead asked, "A scarf?"

"Yeah. A scarf to strangle that rotten personality of yours," Semi-san teased back.

"This scarf is as rotten as your fashion sense," the middle blocker added.

"Why you...." Semi-san was riled up and it was obvious that the two were getting under their skins.

"Alright, alright. Settle down now," Ohira-san calmed them down as I just chuckled at their banter-based relationship.

Before we even knew it, the guys finally decided to call it a day. They went back to the dorm first as I decided to stay behind.

"You're not going with them?" I asked Satori as he chose to stay with me, drinking a bottle of water.

"Nah. C/n will kill me if I'll leave you," he answered as he put the lid back. "Besides, I wanna stay by your side as much as possible."

It made me blush.

"B-By the way, I got you this," I gave him a gift. I decided to buy him one as I was walking towards the meeting place. "Merry Christmas, Satori," I told him as I smiled.

His mouth was slightly gaping, showing that he was surprised to receive a present from me.

He smiled back at me. "Merry Christmas to you, too, f/n," he said as he actually gave me a gift in return.

Now it's my turn to be surprised. Because of this, we just found ourselves laughing at the situation.

"Let's open them together, shall we?" he proposed and I nodded in agreement.

I opened the gift and saw a braided leather triple wrap bracelet.

"Wow! It's so pretty!" I told him as I looked at it, noticing that it was the same color as the middle blocker's hair. I wore it on my wrist and said, "Thank you so much, Satori!"

The redhead always liked to see that smile on my face. It was contagious. Simultaneously, he was amused by the gift that I gave him. "It's a hair wax!"

"Yeah," I said as I nodded. "Even though you actually look great with your hair down," recalling that time when the drink showered him, "you like to make it spiky so... I-It's not really much, unlike the bracelet that you gave me."

"You think I look great with my hair down?" he asked and that's when I realized that I actually did said it.

Nodding my head, there was a shade of pink all over my face due to embarrassment.

"Thank you for the hair wax, f/n. I'll definitely use it," he told me and put it inside his pocket. "But for now..."

My eyes widened as I didn't expect him to pour his bottle of water on his head, his body was leaning forward to avoid it from getting wet.

"Satori----------"

"I'll let your beautiful e/c eyes feast on the image of me with my hair down, f/n," the redhead was grinning as droplets of water were falling at the end of his strands, making him look hot.

"Wait, what?!" I blushed hard as my thoughts caught me off guard.

"I-Idiot," I uttered as I grabbed my handkerchief and gestured him to lean down.

He did what I asked of him and I attempted to dry off his hair with my handkerchief.

"What if you catch a cold, huh?" I asked.

He chuckled. "It'll be worth it."

His words made my heart skip a beat, making me stop for a second.

He slowly stood up straight. His hair was disheveled and still damp, but it was down. Satori's hair was down.

Grinning, he told me, "The night's still young, f/n-chan. Wanna roam around some more and have a Christmas date with me?"

I honestly did not thought that my Christmas Eve will lead to this. I just can't believe it.

Looking at the person in front of me, spending time with him, just being beside him... It's already enough to make me forget about my earlier stress and work fatigue.

Giving Satori a big smile, I responded, "Sure!" and his grin just grew wider.

"This is going to be a loooooongggggg night... And I'm looking forward to it."