I Watched Wicked Deeds Rolled Off My Own Tongue - II

Start from the beginning

“Milady,” its scratchy voice void of emotions, “He’s here.”

At the notice, the girl’s head lolled back and stared at the servant in a silent command, a mischievous smile played on her lips. Bowing gently, the creature turned and clapped its hands. Immediately, two guards appeared out of thin air and entered the hall, dragging along with them a shackled man. The man’s face was hidden behind a tousled mass of hair and the ragged shirt he wore did a poor job at covering the scars and gashes on his body. The girl has already sat up straight in her throne, barely able to stop herself from bouncing off the walls in excitement 

At the middle of the hall, the guards forced the man onto his knees, gripped his hair and pulled his head back forcefully, exposing his cleanly shaven face (under the mistress’ command). Beaming, the girl hopped out of her seat, this time with a hand still holding on loosely to the rose.

“How are you on this fine morning, my dearest Dante?” She asked sweetly, eyes twinkling, “I’m sure they treated you well?”

No reply.

“The Lady asked you a question, slave,” hissed the demon, suddenly appearing by the one of the guard’s side.

Still no reply.

“Oh for goodness’ sake, James, just stop it already,” the girl exclaimed in a sudden ridiculously posh voice, “And you two brutes, would you stop grabbing him like that! There, isn’t that much better? Unchain him as well. Those manacles do look remarkably uncomfortable!”

The demon made a move to protest but was met with a sharp glance that made its insides quiver. With a gesture of his wrists, the chains and shackles came loose and Dante pounded his fists onto the floor to suppose his slumped body.

The girl stepped forward, amusement flashed across her eyes. She bent down towards the man and ran her delicate fingers along his rough jaws.

“Now Dante, James does have a point. This is not how you’re suppose to treat your Lady,” she mused. Suddenly, he jerked away from her caress and erupted into delirious laughter that had her taking a step back in surprise. In a blink of an eye, even before the guards had the chance to react, he lunged forward and grabbed her wrist in a vice grip. His face was millimetres away from hers as his stormy eyes pierced into her very soul.

“You’re not my Lady,” he growled into her frightened face, “You’re not even a lady. You’re nothing but a monster. A hideous and pathetic monster. 

He loosened his grip on her as the guards dragged him back by the shoulder but he never broke eye contact nor lost track of his words.

“You’re a loathsome parasite, possessing others’ bodies and drown in the fantasy that it is your own. You locked her up, imprisoning her in her own mind. You will pay for this, fiend, the Lady never forgets!”

Each word he spat was drenched in venom.

The only sound could be heard was his erratic breathing.

Quick to regain her composure, the girl pulled herself together and slapped a smile back onto her face 

“Oh dear me, please do forgive me for my ill manners today, Dante. You must me famished! James, would you kindly go fetch Dante something to eat?”

The demon looked at its mistress and saw the gleam in her eyes, causing its own wrinkled facial skin to morph into a sly smile.

“Of course, milady,” And with that, he disappeared.

With the smile never dimming, she sat cross-legged back onto her throne, redirecting her attention to Dante’s furious glare.

A few seconds passed with tension hanging thick in the air, the demon returned with a steaming tray held up by the finger tips of its right hand, the other posed behind its back. The alluring aroma of the food wafted through the hall, contrasting with the stone white surroundings. Dante’s eyes darkened in hunger. The smile spread on the girl’s face just that bit wider.

Putting the tray down, the demon gave the man a mocking grin. It seemed like ages passed as the two held each other’s stares in an unspoken conversation until the burning hunger finally cracked through Dante’s stern façade. Like a savage beast, he dove down and devoured the food unceremoniously.

Laughter erupted around him but he’d long since gone deaf to their humiliation. He needed to live, to survive. Even through the excruciating days of darkness and pain that was the life he was subdued to, there was still something deep within his scarred heart that still kept a light burning inside him. He remembered her radiant smile, the way her sky blue eyes would twinkle as she look and their angel sleeping peacefully in her arms, his flesh and blood. The memories kept him through the torture and pain. They could trample him, spit on him, slice up his flesh, he’d take it all. But he couldn’t die. He had to live, for he still had something worth living for. He still had faith in the Lady, always believing she would come back one day and the monstrosities shall be gone.

The girl sat back in her throne, amusement danced in her eyes.

“I hope you are enjoying your meal, my dearest Dante,” he paused for a brief second, but never gave a reply so she continued on, “This is a special kind of meat, very rare indeed. In fact, James is still keeping an uncooked part of the actual creature, don’t you James? I think you’ll recognise it, Dante, and perhaps it’ll help you appreciate this dish I’ve prepared for you just that bit more. 

The demon grinned and retrieved the object from the inner pocket of its black coat and let it rolled on the floor until it settled next to the kneeling man. Almost reluctantly, he lifted his head from his dirty hands to glance at the soft round object that that nudged his knee. A mass of golden blond hair greeted his sight. His throat tightened as food start to fall out of his gaping open mouth. With a trembling hand, he reached out to touch the object. It felt soft, warm, human. Holding back the sob that was squeezing tightly inside his chest, his body wracked with tremors as he tried to summon all his will power to turn the object towards him and reveal the truth.

Her eyes started back at him, sky blue and innocent. The woman’s eyes, inside the face of their child.

The girl sighed in satisfaction and leaned her head leisurely on the armrest, listening to the screams and roars of a wounded beast as they shook the marble pillars. Idly, her fingers played with the rose petals as the sound of tightening chains colliding violently with each other and the stone floor echoed through the massive hall. Tracing the patterns of her carved throne, her expression showed no interest in the two guards holding down an enraged foaming man fighting to charge towards her with a vicious hatred. Out of the blue, an idea popped into her head. The mischievous smile reappeared on her face as she curled her finger in the direction of her servant, motioning him towards her. 

Though unwilling to leave the attention from the delightful sight in front of its eyes, the demon still left its position to float towards its calling mistress. It bowed down to her as her lips moved against a pointed ear, whispering a command. Its face lit up immediately and it bowed to her again, this time with the pleasure of kissing her fingertips. Turing its back, the demon motioned for the guards to drag the still thrashing man out. Just before the massive doors closed behind them, her voice called gleefully.

“Oh, and James? Make it pretty, would you? Make it white in fact! I do love white.”