But his boyfriend couldn't answer. The sight of Mike–who was actually dressed up as a warlock–had had his breath taken away. He shook his head slowly and whispered, "You're marvelous. And thanks for the flowers, it's–it's really cute."

"Ready to go?" Mike asked softly. He looked down to his friend's little brother. "Sorry, buddy, but you can't come. I promise you next time we'll take you with us."

Max smiled and went back inside. "Actually," Alec mumbled to the football player, "my parents would like to meet you, if you don't mind."

"Your–your parents?" the other teenager stammered.

"Yeah, I told them the other day that, you know, we liked each other, and that you would come here and get me, and... I don't know, I thought they were pretty shocked, 'cause they just told me to go to my room, that they needed to talk, just the two of them... But they said nothing the morning after that, and... Now they just asked me if I could introduce you, so... You okay with that?"

"Obviously!"

Alec let him in, taking his hand, and led him to the kitchen, where Maryse and Robert were discussing seriously. When the two students entered, they turned around with big welcoming smiles and Alec's mom said, "Hello–Michael, is it?"

"Yes, ma'am. But everybody calls me Mike. Nice to meet you." They shook hands and he continued, "Thanks for letting me borrow your son for tonight. I promise I'll look after him."

"Isn't he nice?" Maryse said to her husband. "I'm so glad you're the one making our Alec happy. He deserves it." She beheld them for a moment. "You're so beautiful, look at you two! Alec's first prom night..."

"Okay, mom, I think it's gonna be fine, we shall go now..."

"Alright, alright! Bye, honey, have fun! Bye, Mike!"

The two boys waved goodbye to the whole family–except for Isabelle who had already been picked up by her date–and got into Mike's parents' car, making sure their costume wasn't damaged in the process.

***

Santana

Santana.

She was the queen of the school. Literally. She ruled McKinley High. Yet, no one had invited her to prom night. Well, if you don't count those nerds who thought they could have a chance with her, like every year. But no football player, not even a basketball one, nothing. They had all went for other cheerleaders–those who weren't in the Glee club. Their defeat at Selectionals was without a doubt a reason why.

Now she was dressed as a beautiful mermaid, but there was no one for her to appear proudly with. Well, she had somebody. But being invited by a member of the Glee club didn't really count, did it? Above all, with your own cousin.

"¿Lista? ¡Vamos!" Raphael said to her, smiling with his fake vampire fangs.

She sighed, but smiled in return. Raphael wasn't so bad, after all. She truly loved him. They entered the gymnasium, where the party had just started. Everything was beautiful, the Committee had just surpassed themselves.