Crescendo

The room was dim, scented vaguely with vanilla and musky cologne. Samantha's eyes automatically fell on the large queen sized bed in the center of the spacious room as Taehyung pulled Sam forward into his corner of the house. He didn't bother to turn the lights on,opting to try whatever he wanted to try in the dark. As Sam watched him close and lock the door she felt a shiver of anticipation roll through her. Her mouth felt dry.

He turned back to look at her with his lips parted in a mischievous grin.
"Relax Sam, I'm not a psychopath. I'm not going to kill you,"

Though with his recent erratic behaviour Sam wouldn't put it past him to try and hurt her in one way or another. However, she chose to sit on his wrinkled bedspread and give him a chance to 'try something' .

"You're nervous. " he said as he sat beside her, turning his body towards her so that he could observe her more closely.In the weak light his profile looked dangerous, the arch of his brow sensual. His eyes gleamed with an emotion that she could not read. He took her left hand in his, rubbing it gently with his thumb as he continued to speak.

"Please don't be. I'm not going to hurt yo-"

"Oh, really? "

His eyebrows rose in surprise at her snarky tone and the smile on his lips flickered a little. Sam was surprised herself; she felt her face heat up and took back her hand, placing it in her lap before proceeding to stare at the soft maroon carpet under her feet.

Taehyung sighed. " I guess I deserve that. I'm sorry for what I said before-its just that you make me feel things. Things I didn't want to feel before, but now I do... " His hand hesitated, hovering above her shoulder before he brought it back to his side.

For one tiny jealous moment Sam wondered whether Jungkook and Taehyung had ever shared an intimate moment in that very room. Jungkook sitting where she sat, smiling shyly as Tae told him something sweet and endearing because 'that's what best friends do'.

After a few moments of awkward silence Sam took initiative and spoke. "Tae, what did you want beca-"

Her words were cut off when he leaned in and kissed her. Lightly, she felt like petals had been placed against her lips. Sam could feel her heart hammering against her rib cage, so hard she thought it was going to pop out any moment. A flood of emotions and sensation poured into her so that she sat still, frozen in shock. The bed creaked as he leaned forward into her to deepen the contact. His scent. His body heat. His warm hand lightly placed on her cheek like an anchor. It was too much too much too much too much.

"Please, " he rasped against her lips before connecting them with even more fervor. She could practically taste his desperation intermingled with the sugary taste of the alcohol-laced punch he had been sipping downstairs. Her conscious was screaming bloody murder in her mind. This was wrong. So wrong. But it felt so good. Her eyes shut as she relaxed into his hold, her hand drifted forward, landing on his denim-clad thigh and squeezed. So muscular. Almost as strong as-

Jungkook.

His name was enough to sober her up, allowing her the strength to push Tae away before she stood up, panting heavily as she backed away from the bed.

"Samantha what's wrong?" he ran a hand though his hair,his breathing fast. "Look, I'm sorry if that was too fast, w-we can just chill here and talk. " Taehyung spoke fast and panicked. He stood up and tried to reach for her shaking hands but she pulled away before he could get anywhere near her. She'd crumble if he touched her again.

"I need to leave."

"No you don't.Samantha, it's okay." almost imperceptibly he moved to wards her, his arms held out like he was approaching a spooked animal.

"I need to leave. I'm sorry...I just cant."

And with that she bolted, moving too fast for a shocked Taehyung to grab her wrist in time. As soon as she crossed the threshold into the corridor she was bombarded with the raucous laughter of her friends, Jungkook's man-cackle the loudest and it made tears spring in her eyes.

Exit. Exit. Exit.

She followed the route Tae had taken when pulling her towards his room. Down the stairs. Take a left. Door. She opened it, coming face to face with Namjoon who had a mouthful of popcorn and a bowl of it in his arms. She would have laughed at the comical look of surprise on his face but her mind was far away. She pushed past him into the kitchen and went straight for the back door. No way was she going to face her friends again- face Jungkook. She'd break down if she saw him. She opened the door and launched herself into the darkness of the back yard, choosing to go round to the front in the dark. As she speed-walked towards her bike she checked her pockets for her phone, sighing in relief when she found it. She'd just tell Margo to bring her overnight bag to school where she would take it.

"Breathe. Breathe. Breathe. Breathe." she chanted under her breath as she mounted the bicycle and cycled in what looked like the direction to her house.

And after what had felt like a millennia she let the pressure behind her eyes release. Her tears fell as she silently wept for her betrayal and the possible end of her friendship with Jungkook. Dear,dear Jungkook, who had chosen to hang out with her despite his overwhelming popularity. Who'd helped her workout every morning for the past month. Who'd seen something in her that made him feel like he could trust her; that he could talk to her and share his problems.

What have you done?