XXXI - Tangled Up

Start from the beginning

"R-really?" The boy stammered.

"Of course!"

"I love you too and nothing in the world means more to me than this beautiful smile right here." He announced, lightly tapping my lips with the tip of his index finger however I craved more than that so I leant forward and placed a soft kiss against his own lips.

Retracting my body, I slid back down and reclined underneath the covers of my bed. "Mikey, will you cuddle me?" I asked and he slipped in beside me without hesitation, the both of us then lying on our sides and me all wrapped up in his arms.

As I drifted off to sleep, the boy holding me close placed a single kiss on the back of my neck and whispered into my ear, "You're my everything."

The happy memory sent a radiant smile to my face as I remained safely tucked away in my boyfriend's arms feeling more well-rested and more at peace than I could remember feeling for a long time. Almost like I'd been holding my breath and now it was finally time to breathe out - like I could finally exhale.

Eventually, I felt Mike beginning to stir as his body twitched slightly and his breathing picked up its pace so I flipped myself around to meet his drowsy face and tired, dopey-looking smile. "Hey." He mumbled groggily, brushing through my hair with his fingertips as if he was trying to get a better look at my eyes. Mike's gaze penetrated so deeply inside of me that I couldn't help as a blush began to glow heavily on my cheeks and my boyfriend cracked an even brighter grin at the sight.

"Hey yourself." I responded, running my thumb along his cheekbone, admiring each and every freckle splattered across it like speckles of paint only adding to the already incredible beauty of the artwork beneath.

"Ugh, we have to go school." Mike whisper-groaned, shutting his eyes as if he was about to fall back to sleep as he said it.

"I don't wanna." I moaned like a child as I wrapped my legs tightly around my boyfriend's waist as if to hold him in place.

"Not really an option there, Byers." Mike said seriously as his eyes flicked open and he sat up whilst ruffling his hair though he couldn't actually stand due to my legs still pinning him down on my bed.

"Baby," I whined as I sat up next to him and placed a kiss that trailed along his jawline, "accidentally" letting my teeth graze against his skin as I did so. "I want to stay home."

Mike looked at me intensely, silently reading my willing expression to see what I wanted before placing his hand on my shoulder and gently pushing me down onto the bed again. The boy above me wound his his right arm around my partially elevated off the bed mid-section, pulling my body closer to his own as he steadied himself on top of my body with his left hand.

Mike closed off whatever distance was even left between us anymore as he gave me a heated kiss, his tongue winding its way into my mouth without a second thought and my head felt like it was spinning from sheer love. This was the first time ever my boyfriend had been the one to initiate anything more than just the simple kisses and I felt totally and completely euphoric at the idea of him taking the lead in wherever this was heading.

My boyfriend separated his mouth from my own and I was about to grumble at the loss of contact until he placed his lips on my neck instead where he proceeded to leave bites that I knew would be a struggle to cover over. Moans escaped my mouth as I grew more and more excited but as my arousal levels increased, as did my anxiety levels and all I could think about was Alex and what he'd done to my body and also to my mind. "Stop, Mike." I barely managed to spit out, so quiet I was sure he hadn't heard me however he drew back in an instant.